Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer 2019 New England Banter and Disco

CapturedNature

5 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Smoking Cannabis, besides it's possible negative effects on lung tissue, is still one of the most synergystically complete administration methods for strongest desired effects. 

People are such hypocrites.  Telling other people what is poison to their body yet poisoning there body at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/22/2019 at 9:04 PM, NorEastermass128 said:

Any tire experts out there?  Need new all season tires for my SUV. 

265/60R18 110T

The all season Michelin Premier LTX tires it came with are worn after 23k.

I got 103k on my last set of Michelin Defenders. But you really have to baby them with proper/pro driving habits, etc.

Anyway the Michelin LTX, Defender... and Cooper Adventurer are my pick for basic everyday tires for an SUV.

99% of longevity is on the driver and not the product, though.

Some need to get a grip.  It’s a 4mo ban while the State tries to figure out answers/solutions to what’s becoming an epidemic amongst a segment of the population that should be allowed under current law to have. How do we stop kids from getting access to these products?  Parents and retailers aren’t helping.

16 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Some need to get a grip.  It’s a 4mo ban while the State tries to figure out answers/solutions to what’s becoming an epidemic amongst a segment of the population that should be allowed under current law to have. How do we stop kids from getting access to these products?  Parents and retailers aren’t helping.

Any research tells you its black market THC oils,  kids get access.  

Just now, dendrite said:

A lot of studies show vaping leads to cv disease and high bp as well. I think it's a good tool to get off of actual cigs, but not a fan of people just deciding to try it recreationally.

But yeah, kids will just go black market or start smoking cigs now.

Politicians are dumb as fuk. They should ban flavored for everyone.  The problem lies in black market and self injected mixed ingredients.  I am totally against any kid smoking anything.  But a Mass total ban in as insane as it gets. Guess the tax on cigs brings in more income. 

21 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Agreed but the numbers of kids doing it is mind boggling.   Way beyond the number of kids (middle school!!) who smoked back in the heyday.  

Its pretty messed up 

I remember when we actually had a student smoking area at my high school and the teacher's lounge looked like Spicoli's van when you opened the door.

3 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I remember when we actually had a student smoking area at my high school and the teacher's lounge looked like Spicoli's van when you opened the door.

Yep. I am glad kids have really cut back on cigs. Vaping is not the answer either but total bans will lead to worse. Politicians are dumb. Ban flavored to stop new vapers but don't leave the door open to the black market 

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

People damaging their livers lecturing others are the worst

I didn't mean to imply alcohol was any better.  Lord knows my personal habits are no ideal guide for anyone!  My only issue with pot is how it has been portrayed by proponents as the be all end all for health benefits.  Inhaling any type of smoke from a burning substance can't be good for the lungs so we shouldn't pretend that it doesn't matter.  

16 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I didn't mean to imply alcohol was any better.  Lord knows my personal habits are no ideal guide for anyone!  My only issue with pot is how it has been portrayed by proponents as the be all end all for health benefits.  Inhaling any type of smoke from a burning substance can't be good for the lungs so we shouldn't pretend that it doesn't matter.  

Edibles are where its at. I can attest to the relief my chronic pain gets. CBD helps a little but half a cookie seems to be the very best. I absolutely have refused all opiod based medication since my first back surgery.  Back in 1989 I unknowingly became addicted to percodan due to a complete ACL MCL tear. The pain was insane, back then getting a 100 percs script was common,  wasn't until I one day decided that I didn't need them and went through 3 days of intense withdrawals did I understand.  Now after my back has crumbled,  need another surgery,  have I dealt with the pain through edibles.  I never said anything about you Mr Eaves. Talking about alcohol lovers in general. 

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Any research tells you its black market THC oils,  kids get access.  

No shit it's the black market crap causing this but this is not specifically about that.

The usage of all vape products, in general,  by underage teens, is the overarching issue and the companies are clearly targeting the youth with the way they are marketing them.

I understand can never eliminate a "black market" for anything but if you can administer/regulate the legal side better to make accessibility to teens almost impossible, I'm all for it.

Just look at how they rolled out legal sales of Cannabis in MA.  Perhaps they need to do this with vape products as well.  This industry has gotten ahead of the current laws.

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Agreed but the numbers of kids doing it is mind boggling.   Way beyond the number of kids (middle school!!) who smoked back in the heyday.  

Its pretty messed up 

Yep.  My daughter says it's nuts at Taunton HS.  The smell is everywhere and they set off the smoke alarms a couple times a week she says.  Very disruptive.

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

The proverbial "silver bullet" which of course does not exist.  The bias against marijuana has led to a paucity of formal medical testing, to determine not only effectiveness but optimal dosages and means of application.  Some proponents hold that such testing is superfluous ("of course it works, but you're too stupidly biased to admit it!") and even harmful as the "placebo group" would be unfairly deprived of its benefits.
I see the same attitude for non-psychoactive hemp - far more productive than forests in every way, needs neither fertilization nor pesticides, blah, blah, blah.  Any large-scale agricultural/forestry monoculture is subject to problems with diseases and insects,  There's no silver bullets there, either.  Hemp can be a very valuable agricultural product for many uses, but like pot it's not the answer to everything.  

• Like 1