Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Spring 2019 New England Banter and Disco

HoarfrostHubb

Lazy spring vibe out there ... 

I got those tiny aerial insect balls hovering .. bobbing left right up down in unison over the hood of my car and lawn.  Sure tell sign of the times ...

Too bad it's going to regress colder 'n a Mastodon's unthawed anus for three f'n days.

That's spring incarnate around this god-forsaken geographic circumvallate of an orifice known as New England.  It does that every year ... a day like today, it's a super hot fantasy girl kissing you on the cheek. And while your eyes are still closed in awe and ecstatic joy, this nasty horror story of a prison gang banger guy swaps out and ass reams you relentlessly. Your squealing in agony like a pig while he's asking you how that nice day felt -

Am I gettin' through ?

If I were a millionaire ... I would own a separate residence, replete with comprehensive homeownership insurance. The abode just sans of any heirlooms or family prized possessions, ...And there I am, out there, amid the warm windy prairies somewhere in the swash of tornado alley. Towering leaning turrets and wavy sun simmered air ...

While it's 39 F in Framingham, Massachusetts with mist, slate gray sky and a thoroughly caressing east wind.  

I would gladly forsake the New England mock-spring and tortured persecution complex ... and flee to that second home circa late March until early June, or mid May. Or whatever it takes...  If the place happens to get clocked and has to be rebuilt, I re-emerge out of my tornado cellar no worse for the wear and just wait out my insurance coverage to rebuild. See... I'm not there living per se... I'm there to escape this prison; perennially, I leave behind all the other hapless cell-block assholes, left to ponder as they sit around and rationalize and quibble over how here on the inside, we hold out hope for snow through April ... Delusion over despair.  I innocently strollin' on come back in May and am like, "Hey y'all - whatcha been up to" haha.

Ah yes...  "Spring" in New England.  I'm kidding - of course... But I think it was Samuel Clemens A.K.A. 'Mark Twain,' who once famously quipped, 'the worst winter I ever experienced was a summer in San Francisco'    ...  the dude never spent April in New England ;)  I can guarantee that, because while I would never diminish the misery behind his motivation for saying that of our west coast brethren, I certainly would put spring right in there in New England, as worthy of an honorable mention.

• Haha 1

I figured Nashville would be further along in the seasonal migration considering im probably 7hrs from the gulf coast. I had thought March in Nashville might match up to May in Metrowest 495 area in MA. But then i realized that Nashiville is in perfect alignment with troughs that drop south out of Canada. So I would say Nashville is only, at most, 5 weeks ahead. Maybe just 4. Leaf out hasnt happened yet. Some of the ornamentals are flowering, Ash leaf buds are swollen, maples are flowering, grass is greening up and dandelions are everywhere.

Fuk this.  I guess I wanted 10 feet on the ground on the upper mountain, now it's here to stay.

But fuk this for the valley.  48 hours of sunshine but below freezing.  Single digits in the morning warming up to maybe freezing?

Monday...Sunny. Highs around 30. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. 

Monday Night...Clear. Lows around 8 above. Northwest winds around 10 mph. 

Tuesday...Sunny. Highs around 30. Northwest winds around 10 mph. 

Tuesday Night...Clear. Lows around 10 above. West winds around 10 mph.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Fuk this.  I guess I wanted 10 feet on the ground on the upper mountain, now it's here to stay.

But fuk this for the valley.  48 hours of sunshine but below freezing.  Single digits in the morning warming up to maybe freezing?

Monday...Sunny. Highs around 30. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. 

Monday Night...Clear. Lows around 8 above. Northwest winds around 10 mph. 

Tuesday...Sunny. Highs around 30. Northwest winds around 10 mph. 

Tuesday Night...Clear. Lows around 10 above. West winds around 10 mph.

:violin:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

PF, what was storm total at the resort?

21" in two measurements at the 3,000ft site.

18" snow depth increase.  Very QPF heavy stuff despite being a bit fluffier than the lower elevations. 

The high-ratio topping certainly didn't pan out.  This was straight wind packed synoptic snow density.

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

21" in two measurements at the 3,000ft site.

18" snow depth increase.  Very QPF heavy stuff despite being a bit fluffier than the lower elevations. 

The high-ratio topping certainly didn't pan out.  This was straight wind packed synoptic snow density.

Man hope for a slow melt there. Dam.

9 hours ago, powderfreak said:

That's nuts.  What's the elevation there?

High-end snow depths this winter in the north country.

9 hours ago, dendrite said:

Not sure. 1.4 NE according to the cocorahs info... wherever that places it.

There is a small residential area(street) just N of the downtown area that sits on a n elevated plateau above the valley.  It's about 1,800ft.  Would fit the 1.4 NE.

Ha ha... Folks ruminating on the seasonal change with Hostas and Lillies and gunk and y'all can't have it - they gotta come in drop winter post-bombs to yank it back into perpetual winter immersion support group ... 

It'll be July 10 and same thing... I know -

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

that's ridiculous for end of march.

High end, but probably not all that uncommon for there, especially right after a big storm.  My much lower and less snowy location had 48" on 3/31/01, 12 hours after the end of a 19" dump.  For here, that is extraordinary, as my 3/31 average depth is only 12", but that includes 5 years with zero.  (Also 2 in mid-30s, 08, 14.)