• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Perhaps a Coastal Storm on March 2nd for SNE????

USCAPEWEATHERAF

17 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Nice map dude. It’s how we would color it with a *** disclaimer - possible 12+ lollies if shit breaks right.

I'd love for that to happen... but gun to head, I'm still not confident enough of that. WV looks good but lots of guidance has that current energy tugging east or remaining really scattered.

Awesome nowcast event.

21 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I like it!  What program did you use?

Some crap free PaintBrush program... started using it on the Wed event... figured I'm spending so much time analyzing and predicting and commenting, I might as well toss up a map.

• Like 1

Just now, wxsniss said:

Some crap free PaintBrush program... started using it on the Wed event... figured I'm spending so much time analyzing and predicting and commenting, I might as well toss up a map.

Thanks!  I’m always posting mobile which makes it tough 

Just now, ineedsnow said:

Was thinking 2 to 4 here. But could bust low if a good band develops

That's reasonable, I would think the better banding potential is over eastern ct where I could see a spot 7-8.  Sometimes the banding pushes just a bit farther west than the models indicate but 2-4 is a reasonable call.  

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

I still think the 00z NAMs are suffering from convective feedback.  You can see they are making the slow steady progression toward the global solutions.  I see no reason to not believe the Euro/GFS.

I agree.  They were a step in the right direction and so was the 2z HRRR model run, they are slowing down the progress of the storm.

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I still think the 00z NAMs are suffering from convective feedback.  You can see they are making the slow steady progression toward the global solutions.  I see no reason to not believe the Euro/GFS.

Isn't the Euro/GFS basically like 90% of the way to what the NAM has been saying for the last 72 hrs (with minor wobbles).  If anyone has been making a slow steady progression, surely broadly speaking its the globals?

4 minutes ago, NeonPeon said:

Isn't the Euro/GFS basically like 90% of the way to what the NAM has been saying for the last 72 hrs (with minor wobbles).  If anyone has been making a slow steady progression, surely broadly speaking its the globals?

No the EURO and GFS have been quite steadfast, unless you are talking about heavy snow potential areas west of I95 corridor.  I think Hartford, CT is in trouble and less confidence.

3 minutes ago, NeonPeon said:

Meso models have been all over the place in the last couple days.  The globals have been pretty close with a solid storm, save for the Uber solutions from a day ago.

We're very similar. 

Yeah I liked your map. I’ve been hedging around a 4-8/6-12 Boston south all day so went with 5-10.

It’s pretty much a Euro/GFS blend with some recognition of mid level features.

I’ll be nervous for both of us... I think we know by 1-2am tnite where this is headed. If this tugs east, the western zones and maybe even northeast MA may bust too high. Hopefully this goes ballistic and I’ll gladly bust low.

there's been a signal for a storm around this time frame for a while now, I think Will said it a couple weeks ago and someone else pointed out the teles were all going to come together for a short window before pattern change, no? just details now, chances it bands further NW than modeling shows.

4 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

No the EURO and GFS have been quite steadfast, unless you are talking about heavy snow potential areas west of I95 corridor.  I think Hartford, CT is in trouble and less confidence.

I'm talking about the general depiction of a storm, i.e. something more consolidated earlier, and not something primarily developing as it heads out to sea, that is a significant event primarily for extreme eastern portions of SNE. Nam has been in the latter camp for about 48 hours, while the Euro/GFS decided to take us on a fun rollercoaster ride over that time that ends up in much the same place.  

Obviously it doesn't much matter now, and we'll see what happens, but I do not understand, at all, how one could see the GFS, in particular as "Steadfast" for this event.

By the way, my untrained eyes looking at the water vapor today gave me a headache.  I don't blame any of this computing for coughing up a weird bit or two, considering the complexity of the various little pieces of energy in place.  If someone can see through the matrix on that, bravo.