Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Used to be about 50/50 Sox/Yanks up here when I was growing up. It’s much more Sox now. Same with Canadiens/Bruins buts that’s shifted towards Boston now. There is still some Giants support too. For a time in the 50’s or 60’s they had a training camp in Burlington. Now it’s mainly Pats as the older fans that remember die off. 

The Steelers uses to preseason at URI. I went a bunch of times.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Lock up that D10 Euro

Maybe some overunning frozen with that but verbatim, the setup would be an inland cutter, or at least hugger by D11 

Just hope that system does not cut off over or east of us.

Not gonna argue semantics at day 10 but notice the deepening Scooter HP over Canada. That LP  likely scoots ENE

download (4).png

download (3).png

download (5).png

2 hours ago, weathafella said:

I grew up a Yankee fan in NNJ.  A lot of folks from greater NY are in New England-many in the Boston area.

As did I.  When I first got interested in MLB (mid 50s) kids in our 'hood were either Yankee or Dodger fans - can't remember anyone rooting for the Giants though we all liked Willie.  My Yankee fandom died in 2 steps:  Mickey Mantle retired, then the 1975 WS.

Born in NW NJ and came to CT in 79

Yet another NNJ expat.  NW means Sussex County to me though Warren or Passaic could fit.

12z GFS says no snow through 4/8 unless we get a flake or 2 tomorrow.  No big heat or big RA either - pretty blah.  (Of course, earlier runs had a deluge during week 2, so things will change; we just don't know what they'll change to.)

5 minutes ago, tamarack said:

As did I.  When I first got interested in MLB (mid 50s) kids in our 'hood were either Yankee or Dodger fans - can't remember anyone rooting for the Giants though we all liked Willie.  My Yankee fandom died in 2 steps:  Mickey Mantle retired, then the 1975 WS.

Born in NW NJ and came to CT in 79

Yet another NNJ expat.  NW means Sussex County to me though Warren or Passaic could fit.

12z GFS says no snow through 4/8 unless we get a flake or 2 tomorrow.  No big heat or big RA either - pretty blah.  (Of course, earlier runs had a deluge during week 2, so things will change; we just don't know what they'll change to.)

Born in Morristown. Family from Hackettstown. Panther Valley .Elevation and snowy lol. I’ve always had elevation 

3 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

Can we do it one more time?   Just saw the 12Z Euro day 10.  Cold 1035mb high in Eastern Canada and looks to have a nor'easter coming up the coast at the end of the run.   Only 40 more runs to go.  Lock it in for one last snowstorm?

I have 3 feet on the ground. I'm done. 

• Like 1