Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/29- 1/30 Storm Threat

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Tough way to make a living when you avg 35"/yr. Move to Cape Bretton instead.

Actually he is a landscaper, so for most of the year the weather is great and cooperates, then the winter months have been rather nice the last four or five years, we are due for a dud winter, but I wish it wasn't this year.  I need one great snowstorm, then I will leave it alone.

3 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

I havent done any statistical analysis, but, my hunch is the Cape really does need a -NAO to get a snowstorm...now Im going to wait for Ray or Will to tell me my perception is wrong...

It helps. But we basically had no -NAO in 2015 and you and James were buried under 5 feet of snow by mid February. So yeah...it isn't needed. But it helps. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

I havent done any statistical analysis, but, my hunch is the Cape really does need a -NAO to get a snowstorm...now Im going to wait for Ray or Will to tell me my perception is wrong...

It helps, but it's not that important. We had a -NAO in 10-11 and storms hugged the Cape. A well placed ridge out west likely supersedes any necessity on the -NAO. 

• Like 2

Just now, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Actually he is a landscaper, so for most of the year the weather is great and cooperates, then the winter months have been rather nice the last four or five years, we are due for a dud winter, but I wish it wasn't this year.  I need one great snowstorm, then I will leave it alone.

I know landscapers who are loving this. Still building outdoor walls etc. Snow and cold are disruptive. 

Ya know....the pattern is eerily similar to immediately before the big snow blitz beginning on 1/26/15.   Now all we need is a 60 hour hook and latter with that big ocean low.

woke up on Saturday and suddenly the euro (on its own at that point) had us buried late Monday.

• Like 1

Just now, 512high said:

too late in season for that to change?

Not at all. But if we are still searching for the mo-jo after the first week of February, its safe to say my snowfall totals are going down in flames. Certainly in peril right now, but I still see an avenue to verification. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, tamarack said:

GFS has been too warm here on essentially every storm this season.  PF will do better, but we should be okay.

Yeah you aren't getting rain. I'm even skeptical for interior SNE. GFS is also the northwest outlier on the secondary frontal redevelopment.