Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

Just now, dendrite said:

Although I don't like the d7 bd look. 60F for BDL while it's a grey 35F imby?

I was just gonna say...Tuesday looks mild but it looks like classic BDF for Wednesday...yeah maybe CT sneaks a nape tanner that day but it's pretty dirty overall with the storm approaching 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I was just gonna say...Tuesday looks mild but it looks like classic BDF for Wednesday...yeah maybe CT sneaks a nape tanner that day but it's pretty dirty overall with the storm approaching 

4 straight days with 850s above 0C though for BTV-LEW-southward. Maybe this will reshuffle the deck.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

You can envision this warmup turning into our usual spring joke. Everyone gets all excited for days of warmth and it turns into 12 hours of rain and 40’s. Already evolving 

We can warm to 60 after being below 0 24 hrs earlier, but with 850 temps of 10C we'll struggle with a backdoor. Classic. Still think we get a naper in at some point. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

We can warm to 60 after being below 0 24 hrs earlier, but with 850 temps of 10C we'll struggle with a backdoor. Classic. Still think we get a naper in at some point. 

Yeah I think there’ll be one day of 50+. Probably Tuesday, but that’s a lot of cold lurking up there . It sure ain’t gonna be a 4-5 day torch 

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

4 straight days with 850s above 0C though for BTV-LEW-southward. Maybe this will reshuffle the deck.

No reshuffling needed!

Keep it going because we are going for the all-time snow depth record from 68-69.

I know Ray really wants us to break it this spring, probably a bunch of other posters too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

You're outlook was great....I don't think any pro could put one together any better.  I hope you are right about it not sucking....but sometimes things just go wrong/bad/or Suck....I think that's where we are this year in 18-19.  It's just the random chaos of misfortune for SNE this year...and that's about it.  Nobody can foresee these things, it's just a crapshoot sometimes and sometimes you're/we're on the lousy end of things.   It's too early to give up, but I'm expecting it to not get a whole lot better...keeping expectations in check, and if things break right soon, I'll be pleasantly surprised. 

So far, its a well articulated, educationally exhaustive exercise in futility.

Most outlooks have been better because they have been more correct, at least as it relates to snowfall.

43 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

I wish I had your optimism

I do have a feeling something will happen as the wave lengths start to change, so that we won't have to rely on an excellent Pacific. 

It also helps that a strong cold source remains to the north. Until then we torch.

Its not optimism. The data supports it. If it looked like $hit, then I'd call for that.

Just now, powderfreak said:

No reshuffling needed!

Keep it going because we are going for the all-time snow depth record from 68-69.

I know Ray really wants us to break it this spring, probably a bunch of other posters too.

The 1968-1969 analog is the one salvageable piece for me so far...I wish I had had balls enough to adhere to it more exclusively.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

So far, its a well articulated, educationally exhaustive exercise in futility.

Most outlooks have been better because they have been more correct, at least as it relates to snowfall.

Its not optimism. The data supports it. If it looked like $hit, then I'd call for that.

How have your temps panned out?

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The 1968-1969 analog is the one salvageable piece for me so far...I wish I had had balls enough to adhere to it more exclusively.

Yeah I've seen that year constantly this season when tracking the mountain snow against historical data.  It's certainly the best match to date.  

Even that year had a bit of a melt/thaw soon but it came back strong again for Feb/Mar.  

Just now, powderfreak said:

Yeah I've seen that year constantly this season when tracking the mountain snow against historical data.  It's certainly the best match to date.  

Even that year had a bit of a melt/thaw soon but it came back strong again for Feb/Mar.  

It was my favorite analog...expected less RNA and less NAO version, but picked 1978 because 1969 was so extreme RNA and NAO. I should have just went with it anyway, and specified its limitations.

I was talking all fall about how the MEI was meager just like 1969, so it makes sense that nino has been late and null. Not sure if that season came off of a nina, as well, but this one did....so there you go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It was my favorite analog...expected less RNA and less NAO version, but picked 1978 because 1969 was so extreme RNA and NAO. I should have just went with it anyway, and specified its limitations.

I was talking all fall about how the MEI was meager just like 1969, so it makes sense that nino has been late and null. Not sure if that season came off of a nina, as well, but this one did....so there you go.

How was 1968-69 in SNE?