Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Super, Duper SWFE

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

How are those model temps doing? I think the GFS had ORH above freezing right now. Close call as it is 15F. 

Ah ahaha...

I was just chatting with another group (off -line) 'bout how bad this BL was handled.  Even the consummate cold model types were not scoring better than a C ... C+ because (do correct me if I'm wrong), I don't recall seeing 15/14 not just pocketed but literaly advecting in

I give props to man over machine for a change.

A lot of times... there too much tinkering and trying to out-think the models to various amounts of success and failure but this?

We warned all week about trying to cut lows through nascent arctic air and this one wasn't just air in place but back-buiilt on an actual +PP layout over Quebec ...armed and dammed right down in.  There was no way in hell those warm BL were going to get in..

As far as Ptype ... heh... I took a back seat on that.. .I wasn't really sure what was going to happen above the rim of the Berks and Whites... Having said that, I think the cold is too intense to allow for as much ZR here in the interior ... the particles are refreezing too quickly at 15 F..

Also, looks like dry slot is approaching rapidly from the southwest ... I don't know how that evolves over the area but it 'looks' on rad like we lull or end or taper to flurries by noon.  Then we'll see if that vestigial trowal like feature pivots through to frost this puppy before putting it in the annuls. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm generally a humble guy but....

The models can tip their cap and call ORH_wxman their daddy on this one. 

Yes you were all over the temps 

will seriously now, is that cf gonna oscillate back from Route 1/ Bos . Must of been meso low moving by? Because look at that plume of moisture curling up NJ , is that gonna encase inside 128 area w epic icing late am and afternoon