Total Members
    Most Online
    NJRunner
    Newest Member
    NJRunner
BuffaloWeather

Upstate/Eastern New York

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

Just when I was thinking there is no way there could be a dramatic shift...and then the NAM does that. SERIOUSLY?!?

Good thing it's the NAM, that just what it does, big dramatic shifts out of nowhere after it's been locked in on a solution for multiple runs in a row. Will have to see how other 00z models look, if the NAM is on its own I wouldn't worry however if other models start trending SE I'll be very nervous. Why can't this just be easy? Erggg! Lol!

Gotta catch some early Zzz's and hope this isn't a sudden non event when I wake up! 

I've seen this psuedo dry slot punching through the system the last few days.  The back edge comes fast and is sharp as well so I think things will wind down fast early sunday.   9pm-3am will be the sweet spot for this one.  Trying to figure out if I want to stay up driving around or get some good sleep so I can hit Bristol very early Sunday. This will be delicate balance, haha.

gfs_midRH_neus_fh30-72.thumb.gif.e05545703f7dab9a9f06855a9401c670.gif

Wow that bad you had to post it twice, lol! I wouldn't worry about the NAM seriously a wickedly horrible model outside of 48hrs!

1 minute ago, WesterlyWx said:

Good thing it's the NAM, that just what it does, big dramatic shifts out of nowhere after it's been locked in on a solution for multiple runs in a row. Will have to see how other 00z models look, if the NAM is on its own I wouldn't worry however if other models start trending SE I'll be very nervous. Why can't this just be easy? Erggg! Lol!

Gotta catch some early Zzz's and hope this isn't a sudden non event when I wake up! 

I waited until today to let myself really get sucked in...thinking things were more locked in... bahaha

The event that's overhead or incoming was supposed to drop 3-4" a couple days ago and now its overcast ski's with chance of  flurries, lol! 

Thats hat I'm sayin, if a model can take a jump that big and we still manage to get 1.2" of liq eq, who can complain?  I certaintly won't, lol not after the yr we've had so far.

NAM. Well that was Interesting. Still providing fun after all these years.

I think I'll go to the NYC and NE subs to understand why it can't be wrong.  brb. ;)

• Haha 1

Looks like Albany/Schenectady area does well no matter which is right.  Further south reduces the taint risk here at least.

1 minute ago, Gorizer said:

Looks like Albany/Schenectady area does well no matter which is right.  Further south reduces the taint risk here at least.

One of those rare times a north or south shift hasn't mattered much to us.  Most on this subforum are in Western/Central NY, but we're looking good here in Eastern Upstate.  I still can't buy the well over a foot totals on a fast moving SWFE type storm however.

Wow, you eastern Upstate guys are a patient crew. Haven't seen you guys on here until your first real winter storm. :) You will be able to show off your snow pics to those of us in the snow belts.