• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

39 minutes ago, Stash said:

One of those rare times a north or south shift hasn't mattered much to us.  Most on this subforum are in Western/Central NY, but we're looking good here in Eastern Upstate.  I still can't buy the well over a foot totals on a fast moving SWFE type storm however.

Yeah Capital District has been sweet spot on most of the model outputs that I've seen thus far. I foresee jackpots in the high terrain along the I-88 corridor.

00Z models usually jog south due to Froude value displacement and Gaussian distribution vectorized distributions. The NAM instantiates from millenial overwrite errors in the mid level subroutine call functions. That's the Tip.  Well documented in the literature.  Wait till 12Z! Wagons North.

:gun_bandana::

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Syrmax said:

00Z models usually jog south due to Froude value displacement and Gaussian distribution vectorized distributions. The NAM instantiates from millenial overwrite errors in the mid level subroutine call functions. That's the Tip.  Well documented in the literature.  Wait till 12Z! Wagons North.

:gun_bandana::

Did you copy and paste this from Typhoon Tip in the NE forum? I understand about 30% of it. :P

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Lol...winter 18-19 rolls on...snow and below zero and then a thaw the next day to screw it up. I thought we were going into a very cold pattern?

The overall pattern is much colder then normal but that does not mean we don't get warm ups every now and then. Upstate has lots of thaws throughout a normal winter, especially lower elevations. 

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

The overall pattern is much colder then normal but that does not mean we don't get warm ups every now and then. Upstate has lots of thaws throughout a normal winter, especially lower elevations. 

Maybe I should have moved to da UP..... the Tug has had snow and thaws that turn it to ice for the past two months..been an awful pattern. Trails are still barely rideable. Do not want more rain to ruin it AGAIN.

7 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Lol...winter 18-19 rolls on...snow and below zero and then a thaw the next day to screw it up. I thought we were going into a very cold pattern?

We are not headed into a cold pattern, other than transient. These zipperheads pushing SSWs and PV "fractures" are the same dopes running the Tropic Thunder model that the NYC and NE forums cling to like ticks on a zit, with Ben Stiller as Chief Programmer.

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

Maybe I should have moved to da UP..... the Tug has had snow and thaws that turn it to ice for the past two months..been an awful pattern. Trails are still barely rideable. Do not want more rain to ruin it AGAIN.

Yeah if you're looking for consistent snow cover the UP is definitely a better spot. But they don't get big synoptic or LES storms like the Tug. But you're a snowcover guy that loves the cold and hates the warmth. They are colder then the tug in the winter and much colder in summer, sometimes they stay in the 60s for highs in june-aug which is terrible to me.