Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

nj2va

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Maestro wondered about how we can get little while south and north get a lot. Lol

What would we want that third SW from the TPV to do?  Phase in on the backside?  Verbatim, you’d think we would get some snow as the low heads NE though.  I’m fine with SNE getting bullseyed but would be great to get on the board for meteorological winter.

I’ll take it.  Not proud 

Am I seeing the same run as some of these people? I’d happily take it. It’s not like the south scores that much more.

3-5” in DCA would be great. Solid temps pretty much everywhere. Close to warning level. I’d be bummed in Charlottesville though. 1-2” won’t cut it after the footer.

Just now, nj2va said:

What would we want that third SW from the TPV to do?  Phase in on the backside?  Verbatim, you’d think we would get some snow as the low heads NE though.  I’m fine with SNE getting bullseyed but would be great to get on the board for meteorological winter.

We really dont want it at all honestly. H5 closes off north of us because of it. If it has to exist we want it to be slower and dig deeper. 

As is I'd be totally happy with it but its something worry about. That kind of progression can skip over us if it breaks wrong

3 minutes ago, yoda said:

Lol while SNE gets 1 to 2 feet

I never understand why people compare DC to SNE and get bent out of shape when they score and we get less...my average snowfall is about 17-20” while they’re 2-3x that (or more).  If I got 1” while a place 15 miles away got 1-2’ then that’s another story.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yoda said:

Lol while SNE gets 1 to 2 feet

Chances of this being the final outcome are slim to none but In these set ups we ussually end up high and dry. I Think the GFS tends to spread out precip the further you go out in time. As depicted It would be a kick below the waist lol.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Maestro wondered about how we can get little while south and north get a lot. Lol

That's not what you would call a lot on this run...See, I didn't understand how the south gets more before the low bombs too late and hits areas north. Does the south get all the moisture predominantly the southern stream first? (Hence the high totals there), while the north gets the high totals from the late phass?

And really dude? Ain't like I asked a dumb question...simply learning is all. I'm not naive to our failures here (it's just the details of such I'm learning)

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

We really dont want it at all honestly. H5 closes off north of us because of it. If it has to exist we want it to be slower and dig deeper. 

As is I'd be totally happy with it but its something worry about. That kind of progression can skip over us if it breaks wrong

It sort of reminded me of a Miller B as I watched it unfold in terms of us getting stuck in the middle of everything.  An OP won’t get this kind of stuff right at this range but something to keep an eye on for sure. 

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

It sort of reminded me of a Miller B as I watched it unfold in terms of us getting stuck in the middle of everything.  An OP won’t get this kind of stuff right at this range but something to keep an eye on for sure. 

It's too similar to boxing day. The southern wave on that storm was strong and should have hit us no problem but that strong ns wave couldnt have been timed worse and the rest is history. Just 3 days out we were still square in the game but then the wheels came off

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF locked this topic