Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

nj2va

7 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

HA!!!! So now it CAN'T rain next weekend! So finally...FINALLY...we don't have to see 45-50 degrees and rain on a Friday! (How long has it been now? Sweet mercy above!)

Obviously we want a weekend snowfall to take it's place...but for me this is a little bonus victory, lol

It can definitely rain next weekend. Or no precip at all....

50 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

The Feb look is absolute perfection.

49 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

I’m no expert but those Feb and March monthly Euro maps look epic even to this untrained eye. 

It looks like the composite of all our epic snow periods. Not kidding. But we need it to be reality and not a ghost. 

January looks meh but considering what the front 15 looks like it likely that the back 10 look pretty good. 

I know some will never be totally happy with this year because of the bad start and that's fine. They have every right. But I will be thrilled and 100% satisfied if we get an epic period and i beat climo the second half. 

Actually if I'm going to get a little over climo snow I'd rather it come in one epic month then spread out over the whole winter. I love extreme events. 

To each their own. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

It looks like the composite of all our epic snow periods. Not kidding. But we need it to be reality and not a ghost. 

January looks meh but considering what the front 15 looks like it likely that the back 10 look pretty good. 

I know some will never be totally happy with this year because of the bad start and that's fine. They have every right. But I will be thrilled and 100% satisfied if we get an epic period and i beat climo the second half. 

Actually if I'm going to get a little over climo snow I'd rather it come in one epic month then spread out over the whole winter. I love extreme events. 

To each their own. 

To celebrate the pattern change, PSU has changed his font.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

This is the 14 day GFS ensembles.. I'm pretty much wanting to call it a warm January and February. 

D14.gif

I didnt want to waste the bandwidth but I will reply. This is thru Jan 20 give or take. The real pattern change takes place Jan 21+. These maps ALL show substantial cold ready to drop South. Those maps do not imply a warm end of Jan nor Feb. Please Chuck....just please.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Boo the cfs says the flip is the 19th. That seems a day early. 

Scanning around the web, seems that the possibilty we get more down welling from the SSWE is growing, which should benefit  the -AO later. 

I am seeing more and more mentions of data needed, but not available, because of the Gov shut down. 

And it continues 

Speculating here, but any relationship 1985, were it to in some form manifest itself, could possilby result in severe cold. 

Not sure what @Isotherm thinks about this, but we are consistently beating interim records and more warming on the way.  

I know Tom has posted on the wind reversal and 1985, but that was a few days ago, since then we are out doing 1985 as of today, and for the last 3 days. 

This is not 1985 NH similiar,  in that case thinking stormy as well. 

7 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

How? Isn't it gonna be colder? (Even if it's dry it's still a plus) And at the very least...Friday and Saturday are clear, right?

There's low pressure to our NW near the lakes. This draws in mid level warmth in front of the southern shortwave. Blocks the cold hp im canada from pressing. Look at the 850 panels. Its obvious there.

I'm not saying it's a lock that this is how it will look in 9 days. Far from a lock. But it's definitely not a lock that any precip will be snow.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF locked this topic