• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2019

Upstate Tiger

Hard to believe the heat we are looking at for May this weekend! GSP has not hit 90 yet but will do so easily on Friday if not before. GSP has not been higher than 96 since July 25th 2016, but could well surpass that ere the month is out! Not looking forward to this AT ALL! 

I remember one year back in the mid 90s when a May heat wave reached the mid 90s and ended up being the hottest weather all summer. Would be nice if that happened again here, but something tells me this is gonna be another 2016, 2012, 1993 type of summer.:thumbsdown: :weep:

4 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Hard to believe the heat we are looking at for May this weekend! GSP has not hit 90 yet but will do so easily on Friday if not before. GSP has not been higher than 96 since July 25th 2016, but could well surpass that ere the month is out! Not looking forward to this AT ALL! 

I remember one year back in the mid 90s when a May heat wave reached the mid 90s and ended up being the hottest weather all summer. Would be nice if that happened again here, but something tells me this is gonna be another 2016, 2012, 1993 type of summer.:thumbsdown: :weep:

Ya'll might surpass 96 by Sunday if current trends hold.

23 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Yeah something tells me 2019 will even blow those years away. Maybe I should learn to love heat, if that's even possible.

37 minutes ago, Waiting on snow said:

Yeah something tells me 2019 will even blow those years away. Maybe I should learn to love heat, if that's even possible.

Honestly, if we could just get some storms. But mega ridge for weeks. At least the Midwest get's the occasional Derecho in this kind of pattern

Brad's touting the Death Ridge.

"This (Wednesday) will be the coolest day we're going to see for a long time and I'm not kidding," said chief meteorologist Brad Panovich. "Probably the coolest day we see until Autumn."

Good writeup on the upcoming heat.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/weather/panovich-death-ridge-will-bring-intense-heat-with-possible-record-highs-to-charlotte-area/275-aed8e0c4-1049-4489-b04a-bac10c9e4199?fbclid=IwAR3Xcq-6PwBL6qDaZRz5ZV6c3nJkKPwNW7YA1uWxdkb4TlCRzc7BUBx4dmo

41 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Grid forecast has me at 98 next Wednesday. And just think, in three months from now it will still be only August. This is going to be a long summer.....  :weep:

Yeah, 2-3 weeks of mid 90s and no rain, gets me excited! I love summer! Just makes our spring( October-March)) , more appreciated 

• Like 1

• Wow unpinned and locked this topic