• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raifu
    Newest Member
    Raifu

E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2018-19 OBS Thread

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

Most guidance is indicating a norlun feature tomorrow in central and south Jersey, something to watch these things are unpredictable.

Confidence pretty good for something there - could be fun. Hoping it can reach across the river for a few flakes at least.

2 hours ago, The Iceman said:

Someone in South Jersey will probably see a couple inches today. Very small area though

Yepper....all models have a narrow band norlun down there. OC to Seaside somewhere in there.

Radar is really blossoming over the AC expressway and the returns are extending back towards the river. Any reports if anything is reaching the ground?

54 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Down to 24 here with some CAA clouds and dews down into the teens.

Could be Norlun clouds lol. Check your radar, pointing right at you.

8 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Radar is really blossoming over the AC expressway and the returns are extending back towards the river. Any reports if anything is reaching the ground?

Looks like yes closer to the coast, not sure about back towards the river.

Sure did smell and feel like it was going to snow last night around 2am when I went out to get something from my car. Saw stars though, and I'm well inland from that little predicted event. But still. That snow smell was so tantalizing. Hoping this season doesn't disappoint.

24 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Could be Norlun clouds lol. Check your radar, pointing right at you.

Yeah I was just thinking about that and I see the heavier cloud deck to the south that is coming up out of the south, but there is a persistent northwest flow bringing some in from the north (and there is a definite N/NW breeze coming in up here alternating with easterly breezes).

radar-zoom-12052018.png

Thought it was virga overhead on the radar, with some dim sunlight through the clouds, but we actually have a few small flakes falling here. So that's cool. 30F currently, after a low of 22F. The cold air is performing well.

44 minutes ago, ME_wannabe said:

Snow has restarted here in central Atlantic county. Grass just about covered and it's coming down at a decent rate. Ocean effect snow :-) I guess...

Norlun trough, not ocean effect

• Like 1