• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueValleyHVAC
    Newest Member
    BlueValleyHVAC
Rtd208

E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2018-19 OBS Thread

Ha! UKMET is on board. EURO has a low off the coast. And last but not least, the Euro control is the weeniest of all weenie runs. Just your run of the mill 960mb low off the Mid Atl benchmark for us with over 2' of snow for a good chunk of the area. Less that 9 days out with some support on all models. What do they say again? The big ones are sniffed out in advance? I would take 1/4 of that and call it a win.

eps_slp_qpf_c01_conus_240.thumb.png.fa9acd631e.png

eps_snow_by5_c01_conus_240.thumb.png.e16856d39.png

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2019031112_258_477_215.png

14 hours ago, RedSky said:

One lowly GEM late March map sums up my entire winter 

gem.png

Dude I saw two maps side by side yesterday 2017-18 and 2018-19 showing the total snowfall and the difference from last year to this year is astounding the snow hole  in your little nook there, your the first person I thought of when I saw it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, penndotguy said:

Dude I saw two maps side by side yesterday 2017-18 and 2018-19 showing the total snowfall and the difference from last year to this year is astounding the snow hole  in your little nook there, your the first person I thought of when I saw it. 

I would like to see that map. Probably a 1 in 100 year winter pattern.

So long and good riddance "winter of azz". May this year be a reminder that nothing is ever a promise nor etched in stone. Congrats to those far NW burbs that did well and met their seasonal snowfall average while the rest of us nickel and dimed our way to BN futility.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

So long and good riddance "winter of azz". May this year be a reminder that nothing is ever a promise nor etched in stone. Congrats to those far NW burbs that did well and met their seasonal snowfall average while the rest of us nickel and dimed our way to BN futility.

When one analyzes the next two weeks which will get us close to the mid point of spring it becomes clear the winter of azz cleanly handed the ball off to the spring of azz

• Haha 1

On 3/12/2019 at 12:14 AM, RedSky said:

One lowly GEM late March map sums up my entire winter 

gem.png

Lol I seem to remember over an inch of rain instead. Those 10 inches that never came were at least fun to look at.