Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I dont see any viable path for that shortwave to amplify.

Yeah, it doesn't in time on the 00z GFS, however GFS splits off some Pacific Jet energy from the southern stream upper low over CA and could get amplified by the arctic trough entering the region from the Great Lakes I will post the image I am talking about.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I'm all set with that right now. My water table is currently 1ft AGL in spots and the less liquid equivalent the better. I want to be able to blow a foot of snow off my truck like jspin.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/12/03/scientists-all-that-fall-rain-could-come-back-cause-trouble-spring/ZREUEyQY0dJ56jOs9KTf6L/story.html

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Euro is perilously close to nuking us....there is a little northern lobe getting involved at the last moment on this run. 

Watch that moving forward....still think this may end up more n stream involvement.

Not saying it's definitely coming or anything, but another common NWP miss is too much focus on the southern stream (and convective latent heating) while the northern stream is often just as strong an influence.

Some of our satellite estimate techniques tend to break down for the northern stream too. WV gets "washed out" because sampling cooler temps in general across the north tricks the satellite into thinking the features may be higher in the atmosphere (shallower) than reality.

• Like 1

Just now, OceanStWx said:

Not saying it's definitely coming or anything, but another common NWP miss is too much focus on the southern stream (and convective latent heating) while the northern stream is often just as strong an influence.

Some of our satellite estimate techniques tend to break down for the northern stream too. WV gets "washed out" because sampling cooler temps in general across the north tricks the satellite into thinking the features may be higher in the atmosphere (shallower) than reality.

I'm just writing a blog on how the n stream will be under modeled this season given weak modoki el nino backdrop....I think its coming.

• Like 1