Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
11/27 - Everything and the Kitchen Sink Obs

Lava Rock

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

32.2° and snowing hard here. What a shitshow with the chicken run. My hawk netting is almost touching the ground. This is the first storm where the snow wasn’t really able to fall through. I need a long dry period to let the water soak in and run off. Over 8” of liquid now for Novie and 19.3” of snow so far. Gene must be pushing 30”. 

3F1930D2-B917-4D66-928E-A1A6377F7670.jpeg

Some special pics by you. When was the last time you had pure cement. You probably will stack up fluff now

4 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Just lost power at the ski resort.  Probably 10" of paste.

Lifts closed.

That sucks but totally unexpected. Tim Keely and Weir L went to Sugarbush, their twitter feed wow. That heavy crap would kill me. Blessing in disguise for you guys, allow the water to drain out so you can fly in Pow tomorrow from upslope.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

That sucks but totally unexpected. Tim Keely and Weir L went to Sugarbush, their twitter feed wow. That heavy crap would kill me. Blessing in disguise for you guys, allow the water to drain out so you can fly in Pow tomorrow from upslope.

The best part, everyone left and the power came back on about 45 minutes later.  I took a few more runs alone... I mean there was no one left skiing the pow.

Here's a shot from today... gotta love when Jerry takes a header at the wrong time and ruins your powder shot!

46988690_10103592778020910_3767006882066

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

32.6° and still probably 3/4SM -SN. Another 0.6" since I shoveled. Friggin auger on the snowblower seized up. Too cold and wet to F around with it right now.

I highly recommend the Toro power max with the anti clog system, never had an issue with wet snow and I have had my share. Plus it’s electric start option is a godsend 

14 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I highly recommend the Toro power max with the anti clog system, never had an issue with wet snow and I have had my share. Plus it’s electric start option is a godsend 

I got an Ariens version with electric start. Haven't had to use that option yet, but I like the idea.

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

I mean I was brushing snow off my car at the Stoweflake before Halloween. 

This is measurable snow event #8 for the season, one coming last month.  The total includes the 0.3" from Saturday's mess and last Wednesday's squall, but there's also 5 legit storms in there, Nov. 10, 13, 16, 20, and today.  The ground will almost certainly remain white thru late winter or early spring - if not, you'll read about the flooding.

10 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

16" at sunday river....supposedely

Base is close to 1000 feet there so it's believable. At least in the ballpark (whether it's actually 14" vs 16" I'm not sure)

I bet Kmart really made out well with their 2400-2500 foot base elevation. 

50 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I bought a Craftsman in early January of 2011 (after 2 years with the snowscoop following the old machine becoming useless), and it never even hinted at a clog until this month, the 13th in particular when 6" of dense snow was followed by 0.55" cold RA.  On the sloping part of the driveway things were fine, but at the base where the under-snow runoff had saturated things into a gray mush, I had to shut down 4 times in 10 minutes to remove hard-packed slush cannonballs.

Ha, yeah it's been quite the flip to cold/snowy since the humidity broke.

At my place, the change happened (in hindsight) on Oct. 13.  The 45 days thru yesterday have run 6.4° BN, with only 7 AN days plus yesterday being exactly on my average for the date.  Not including today, that period had 9.27" precip and 17.8" snow.  By now it's over 10" and 2 feet.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Base is close to 1000 feet there so it's believable. At least in the ballpark (whether it's actually 14" vs 16" I'm not sure)

There was a COCORAHS report just north of Killington of 18" on 1.44" water this morning.  

Mount Snow saying 19", similar at Stratton.  

Once the upslope plays out, this will be about as widespread a 1-2 foot storm for VT ski areas as you can get.  Probably 18-24" for all by tomorrow evening.  

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Cocorahs in Bethel (actually 6 miles SSE, but roads/houses there look under 700') reported 9.0" at 7 this morning, and it's continued to dump all day.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

My problem is rocks. The driveway thawed out since Thanksgiving so even with the highest clearance setting I was occasionally digging into the dirt driveway and jamming a blade. I think I may have bent the auger blade on one of the rocks though because it keeps getting stuck and seizing in one place. I got it running okay again once, but it seized up again. I wasn’t in the mood to figure out how to take it apart and see if a rock got behind it, if it was bent, or if it was jammed up against the back of the blade compartment (whatever you call that) so I just got to shovelin’. It was having no trouble with the snow though. It’s probably time to pony up some benjamins and pave the damn thing.

Nice. I'll take my measly 6" and go home

There was a COCORAHS report just north of Killington of 18" on 1.44" water this morning.  
Once the upslope plays out, this will be about as widespread a 1-2 foot storm for VT ski areas as you can get.  Probably 18-24" for all by tomorrow evening.  

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This was  a bomb for elevated areas