Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November discussion

weathafella

5 hours ago, codfishsnowman said:

after 3-4 inches of powdery snow early Thanksgiving morning 1989 in Bristol CT (yes, areas south and east had much more) temp slowly fell to around 20f during the afternoon with strong northerly winds and wind chills below zero punctuated by blowing snow...I never thought I would see a colder Thanksgiving but Thursday sounds pretty impressive and if memory serves me right 1989 fell on the earlier side (23rd?) also

That's my coldest Thanksgiving since moving south from Fort Kent.  Though we got only flurries from the storm, the temp never reached 20, and was -1 the next morning, easily our coldest Novie temp in our 13 years living 2 towns south of Augusta.  This Thursday should compete, unless spoiled by a cheap high the previous evening.  (Like last week, when the afternoon high of 17 was spoiled by the early 33.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like Nrn MA within about 5-10 miles from the border from ORH east may see at least a couple. No real room for error. 

ORH looks pretty marginal... I don’t know if I’d expect much there. Seems like everything will have to work out perfect. Maybe some glop on the MA/NH border? I’d want to be Southern NH and over into Maine for anything noteworthy.

Just now, dryslot said:

Deep Squats and heavy hip thrusts is what I have all clients do. Operation we are building a rump. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.

anyhow, this thanksgiving looks unbelievably cold and some big time squalls lead me to envision some wipeouts on 93 North (from lakes region thru notch) 

• Like 1