joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Is Bustin' Out All Over - Pattern and Model Discussion

HimoorWx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go back to the NAM initialization, both 12z and 18z and track MT through southern Canada. It might be over developing (probably convective feedback) a low/convectvely induced S/W. The other models (save that ICON one) are not doing this, including the Euro ...

Just fyi -

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Go back to the NAM initialization, both 12z and 18z and track MT through southern Canada. It might be over developing (probably convective feedback) a low/convectvely induced S/W. The other models (save that ICON one) are not doing this, including the Euro ...

Just fyi -

as far as i know the models have been too aggressive with these weak systems all spring/summer... hence the drought

8 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

as far as i know the models have been too aggressive with these weak systems all spring/summer... hence the drought

yeah ... Thing is, backside confluence is equally over amped when the atmosphere sloshes back and there's the reason for the low level pressure perturbation with that suspicious pressure rise NE of Logan like that... If the low is weaker...the backside is flatter like the Euro... That's what I'm holding out until a Global model shows a better agreement... 

3 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I'm not rooting for heat in the least, I prefer my summer weather 80/50.

I don't root for heat in the least, same with cold...when everyone is getting pumped for -30C, I loath it.  But as it gets near I start to look forward to the challenge these extreme temperatures pose, as a person who spends a considerable amount of every day out in the elements.  

It wont last forever but the novelty is there.

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I don't root for heat in the least, same with cold...when everyone is getting pumped for -30C, I loath it.  But as it gets near I start to look forward to the challenge these extreme temperatures pose, as a person who spends a considerable amount of every day out in the elements.  

Really, these extremes may be fun to look at on all the charts and maps...but really take a toll on outdoor workers...the potential length of this event has me worried.

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Night swimming, ice cold beer, long walks on the beach, pool floats are all challenges I will risk

8 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

I want to go to the beach on Sunday in RI, Ginx but I have a feeling everything is going to be a sh*tshow

The President's Weekend ski area version of summer at northeast beaches... high heat and vacation period.  Great time and revenue for the beach communities.

2 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

I want to go to the beach on Sunday in RI, Ginx but I have a feeling everything is going to be a sh*tshow

Sunday's are always a ****show but July 4th weekend with high temps yea disaster. If you get there before 9 and find a spot is your only hope. Then plan on staying until like 7. Back in the day I would look forward to the megaparty scene, no more. Paddys will be rockin

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Sunday's are always a ****show but July 4th weekend with high temps yea disaster. If you get there before 9 and find a spot is your only hope. Then plan on staying until like 7. Back in the day I would look forward to the megaparty scene, no more. Paddys will be rockin

I'll start looking for a boat invite in the Thimbles lol

2 hours ago, weathafella said:

Outlier.  We’ll see if it’s right 

Meh. The temperature map for Sunday shows that's right at the water I mean within 5 miles of the shores already in the mid-80s and 10 miles in Lynn it's in the mid 90s.  

We have to expect something like that if the gradient's light, which it is but it also means that those could also be errors should the wind switch around for 10 minutes

Archived