joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Is Bustin' Out All Over - Pattern and Model Discussion

HimoorWx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jerry was musing this out loud the other day... the appearance of nadior to acme sensible weather spanning a week, as not being that uncommon... 

It'll be interesting see we go from these so called chilly nights folks are mentioning, to some sort of sensible dichotomy 6 days from now.  Or if yet again, the pattern modulates its way back to the enabling state.

I'm kind hoping that doesn't happen actually to be totally honest.  I'm tired for these trolls that say things like that, and then 'get lucky' when the pattern evolves in favor of their snark or protestation, not proving anything intelligent was floated on the matter .. If someone ventures an honest analysis, then you lurk and wait for the first model run that's distracting to pounce.... that's douchy. sorry, it just is. 

But mostly?  I want severe heat to hit the eastern U.S. for a practical reason. We'll survive it...but we need to raise awareness somehow.  We won't be able to knock Washington and that rampart of climate-doubters on their wantonly/irresponsibly skeptical asses, cause they'll hide in their climate-controlled enclaves...  But, enough weight in societal impact will be gathered, that this part of the world has been seriously enabled by this persistent failure to experience the same time of heat suffered in Europe and Asia/Australia pretty much every else... We have to go back 2012 which isn't too far back... but it's been offset cool enough the other way to dismiss that...  For us? but, 1911 since it has happened here?  Okay -

47 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah...euro still gets a 24C plume up through NNE.

Going to be fun for a couple days to see just how high we can go.  That's like upper 70s at the picnic tables and with a normal 15F increase to MVL, could be pushing 93-95F.

Gotta love the swings, from today with 36F this morning and 70s this afternoon.  All these highs lately in the upper 60s to mid-70s might actually turn into the minimums here late next weekend.

22 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

But mostly?  I want severe heat to hit the eastern U.S. for a practical reason. We'll survive it...but we need to raise awareness somehow.  We won't be able to knock Washington and that rampart of climate-doubters on their wantonly/irresponsibly skeptical asses, cause they'll hide in their climate-controlled enclaves...  But, enough weight in societal impact will be gathered, that this part of the world has been seriously enabled by this persistent failure to experience the same time of heat suffered in Europe and Asia/Australia pretty much every else... We have to go back 2012 which isn't too far back... but it's been offset cool enough the other way to dismiss that...  For us? but, 1911 since it has happened here?  Okay -

So your saying you want people to suffer to prove a point, how gallant and self serving of you. The we'll survive it attitude doesn't take into account the less fortunate the elderly and others. This pervasive attitude of making people suffer to prove a point whether about weather or economics is a pretty sad common attitude in this country today. There are other ways to prove a point without someone suffering because you disagree with others opinions.

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Nobody is trying to steal your sun. 

I am looking forward to some hot days on the beach then a cooling sea breeze myself. People living in cities and heavily urban areas prone to smog wanting HHH is odd but whatever floats their boat.

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

So your saying you want people to suffer to prove a point, how gallant and self serving of you. The we'll survive it attitude doesn't take into account the less fortunate the elderly and others. This pervasive attitude of making people suffer to prove a point whether about weather or economics is a pretty sad common attitude in this country today. There are other ways to prove a point without someone suffering because you disagree with others opinions.

This could be said for every poster on a weather board cheering for a blizzard, thunderstorm, etc etc. Please, we are all guilty of it.

I agree with Forky, Tip, and others - that feature just off the coast doesn't really let the ridge build in as much .. but who knows if it is real and I'm skeptical for sure. Ginx makes a good point with the tweet about the wind direction / plume of warmest temps goes north. Def still things to be resolved in the medium range. 

I'm not calling for a 7/1911 redux, but this def looks like more than typical HHH weather. Prob 3-5 days of 90+ with a day or two of more high end stuff (MU90s) is a good place to start imho. 

34 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

I agree with Forky, Tip, and others - that feature just off the coast doesn't really let the ridge build in as much .. but who knows if it is real and I'm skeptical for sure. Ginx makes a good point with the tweet about the wind direction / plume of warmest temps goes north. Def still things to be resolved in the medium range. 

I'm not calling for a 7/1911 redux, but this def looks like more than typical HHH weather. Prob 3-5 days of 90+ with a day or two of more high end stuff (MU90s) is a good place to start imho. 

IDK its pretty typical to have a 3 day heat wave with temps in the 90s inland 80s near the coast. EPS agrees with its OP around here and keeps us in July warmth, great days for the beach lake pool crews

index (1).png

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

No ...that's not what I want, and not what I said.

3 hours ago, tamarack said:

Only time in the last 13 years here it was in May - last year.  My woodsy location heats best before the trees get into full humidification mode.

12z GFS keeps Augusta under 90 (by 1°.)  Two days ago it was bringing 102 for the capital.  (Outside.  Things are pretty heated under the dome.)

I’ll be right across Long Pond, and if it gets beyond two ply type heat, I can always take a dip. At least that way the water will seem refreshing and not icy.

Just now, powderfreak said:

Local news stations up here are already hyping the heat. 

36227834_10160687518925464_5157903831530

It's funny because at the gym Tim Kelly/NECN and some woman from WHDH Boston were on the overhead tellies doing their evening broadcasts and neither wanted to go much higher than 92 ...

Which, might be okay ...if the DP is what 75?  But the DPs are 60s, with 92 ain't gonna get anywhere close to 106 HI.   But I dunno - maybe N-NW NE is in a different air mass.

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's funny because at the gym Tim Kelly/NECN and some woman from WHDH Boston were on the overhead tellies doing their evening broadcasts and neither wanted to go much higher than 92 ...

Which, might be okay ...if the DP is what 75?  But the DPs are 60s, with 92 ain't gonna get anywhere close to 106 HI.   But I dunno - maybe N-NW NE is in a different air mass.

Yeah to get those values you need like 96-100F with dews of 70F.  I could see this being more like 92-95F with 65F dews...which gets you upper 90s HI...not 105-115F.

96/70 gets you HI of 104F... and 100/70 gets you 109F.  But banking on 100F is near all-time record highs in the past 140 years at BTV.

10 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

110 or bust! 

Hope not with a newborn in the house ...  You got central air ?  

I realize you're not serious but... we weren't getting 110 out of 24 C at our latitude/insolation anyway...   I think folks were wondering if the persistence of the GFS might have had merit? 

It reminds me of those 888 mb sl pressure depths running up the Del Marva the GFS had last autumn, too...  Something strange about that model is going ... I suspect its growing pains as they get closer to their goal of one master tarped model the does everything including the magic 8-ball, all over the world...   'Least that's what I've read... fully integrated multiple dimensional finite scale something or other... 

Heh, that just means if there's a power outage we are assured no forecast products at all, right. haha.   That's the problem with cow tying to one source, and why I wonder if its such a good idea. But... I'm sure as a government operation they'll have thought ahead and prepared for proficient flop overs in the case of unforeseen contingencies ...

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah to get those values you need like 96-100F with dews of 70F.  I could see this being more like 92-95F with 65F dews...which gets you upper 90s HI...not 105-115F.

96/70 gets you HI of 104F... and 100/70 gets you 109F.  But banking on 100F is near all-time record highs in the past 140 years at BTV.

But with heat advisory now 95 degrees up here, it’s basically moot anyway (headline-wise).

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Hope not with a newborn in the house ...  You got central air ?  

I realize you're not serious but... we weren't getting 110 out of 24 C at our latitude/insolation anyway...   I think folks were wondering if the persistence of the GFS might have had merit? 

It reminds me of those 888 mb sl pressure depths running up the Del Marva the GFS had last autumn, too...  Something strange about that model is going ... I suspect its growing pains as they get closer to their goal of one master tarped model the does everything including the magic 8-ball, all over the world...   'Least that's what I've read... fully integrated multiple dimensional finite scale something or other... 

Heh, that just means if there's a power outage we are assured no forecast products at all, right. haha.   That's the problem with cow tying to one source, and why I wonder if its such a good idea. But... I'm sure as a government operation they'll have thought ahead and prepared for proficient flop overs in the case of unforeseen contingencies ...

A persistent GFS rarely leads anyone to glory.

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

96/70 gets you HI of 104F... and 100/70 gets you 109F.  But banking on 100F is near all-time record highs in the past 140 years at BTV...I think the record is 101F.

yeah...honestly ... I get the impression no one is very confident about this thing?   I must admit, I'm not.  I could see this going 88 everywhere for 6 days... just as much as bona fide heat wave. 

As we've been discussing, the last 24 hours of cycles interrupted what was otherwise a rather eerily well-behaved continuity that last for quite a while...  I wonder, you know how in the winter we track bombs in the extended, only to have them suffer the mid range, ultimately coming back.   Haha, maybe this will be the " Boxing Day Heat Bomb "  ...  It's still D5 folks ...

Archived