Newest Member
    joxey
June Is Bustin' Out All Over - Pattern and Model Discussion

HimoorWx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Looking at the 12Z GFS 850's look about a 1C higher than 6Z in general.  2OC south of Boston to to 23C up towards Powderfreak.   Also maybe a nice fropa squall line Monday PM up here?  

'Nother cycle 'nother rendition. 

12z GGEM came in overall more robust with eastern conus heights by some. ..  I mean it pulses that towering 595 DM height core and denies the quicker flattening as the previous run. "GGEM"   

One thing between all models that is sticking out for me is the handling of western Atlantic "weakness" in the heights.. They keep trying to periodically generate a retrograding U/A TUTT or some other remnant of a pinched off westerlies thing...  It's indirectly blowing the lid off the hot thing actually...  

it's masking the potential for a serious problem with heat... 

NCEP isn't taking it seriously, or is missing what's going on frankly - 

But that Atlantic west invasion is bullying into the model presentations in the mid range now and it's creating a shear axis/block that stopping this heat and I find it dubious.. 

We'll see if it hold for two cycles and sucks people in before it all comes back or some dopey thing - 

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

it's masking the potential for a serious problem with heat... 

NCEP isn't taking it seriously, or is missing what's going on frankly - 

But that Atlantic west invasion is bullying into the model presentations in the mid range now and it's creating a shear axis/block that stopping this heat and I find it dubious.. 

We'll see if it hold for two cycles and sucks people in before it all comes back or some dopey thing - 

the euro is a step away from not having that feature

1 minute ago, forkyfork said:

the euro is a step away from not having that feature

still carries it enough... look what it evolves that into on D10... a stationary close surface aloft at the 582 dm level  - like, ...really.. and sticks it up our butts for two days or some unrealistic thing for this latitude.  

heh, i guess in an anomalous over all pattern, other weird sh can happen too 

3 hours ago, dryslot said:

lol, They last couple times we cracked 90's here it was in may...................:lol:

Only time in the last 13 years here it was in May - last year.  My woodsy location heats best before the trees get into full humidification mode.

12z GFS keeps Augusta under 90 (by 1°.)  Two days ago it was bringing 102 for the capital.  (Outside.  Things are pretty heated under the dome.)

Just now, dendrite said:

Yeah I knew what you were getting at with the loop.

I'm almost ready to be bold and say that's not even real to begin with. 

D8-9-10 range is being contaminated by a "faux" feature that is creating a block at 582 dm heights as the nadir - real real gamble there... 

But, I guess to be fair, there's a lot of things that have to go right to bring the type of numbers to our neck of the woods that previous runs didn't have any issues doing for multiple cycles, so having one or two flies in the ointment now ... guess is to be expected.   It would have been a shimmering act of shocking correctness if the runs pulled off a 12 day lead, 104 F outlook and held it unadulterated for every run to go time... huh - 

Just now, tamarack said:

Only time in the last 13 years here it was in May - last year.  My woodsy location heats best before the trees get into full humidification mode.

12z GFS keeps Augusta under 90 (by 1°.)  Two days ago it was bringing 102 for the capital.  (Outside.  Things are pretty heated under the dome.)

Always a battle here with the sea breeze front to achieve 90's.

12 minutes ago, Modfan said:

Won't lie, last few nights sleeping here in  Eastern Ct down right chilly; great golfing weather though. Back to the heat and humidity of SFL tomorrow.

How awesome is today, man why anyone would take HHH over today baffles me. It's perfect for anything outdoors.

Archived