Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
General Severe Weather Discussion 2018

weatherwiz

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

That cell is looking good now. Trees and utility poles down in Ridgefield per Twitter. 

I was getting nervous driving through Ridgefield...went through an area of narrow   Roads with nothing but trees and power lines. Lots of ponding too. I wonder where in Ridgefield 

8 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

That cell is looking good now. Trees and utility poles down in Ridgefield per Twitter. 

Wrote it off... And there it is!

Gotta love New England.

Current radar is pretty much exactly what the HRRR was showing late last night, but then forgot about as of this morning.

9 minutes ago, ct_yankee said:

Although there's bulk shear, SR helicity is meager or lacking entirely. Not a good day for anything really interesting.

helicity is a bit higher I think than what is being displayed. Diffuse boundary is enhancing some rotation within the storms (especially west) but there really isn't a whole much to cause any concern. Probably just enhance potential for strong gusts. 

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

helicity is a bit higher I think than what is being displayed. Diffuse boundary is enhancing some rotation within the storms (especially west) but there really isn't a whole much to cause any concern. Probably just enhance potential for strong gusts. 

I'm impressed by the huge area of > 50 kts effective shear. 

9 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Kinda shocked the cell that gets the warning has no lightning in it while the one near New Milford with lightning and what looks like a bit stronger winds on velocity doesn't

I was thinking the same thing, could hear almost non stop thunder to my north. We get the warning and not one rumble of thunder so far. We are now raining at  4.00" per hour according to the davis. This after we had 0.94" yesterday....

2 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

I was thinking the same thing, could hear almost non stop thunder to my north. We get the warning and not one rumble of thunder so far. We are now raining at  4.00" per hour according to the davis. This after we had 0.94" yesterday....

The rains gotta be quite intense with these. Yesterday was pretty insane