• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13th ... west Atlantic bombogenesis type low clipping SE New England, more certain ...may be expanding inland

Typhoon Tip

The southern shortwave was actually pretty robust this run. That is what I initially saw early in the run. It was the northern energy that wasn't as sharp, hence the more rounded turn.

The fact that the southern s/w is looking good is a good thing, considering it was over Wyoming at 18z.

Just now, Bostonseminole said:

I don't see what's better about the this run, less qpf, low further out.. less snow.. etc etc.. 

Well I interpreted your post to be a general trend vs just GFS.   I thought with that mid level look we should have had more qpf.

Just now, weathafella said:

Well I interpreted your post to be a general trend vs just GFS.   I thought with that mid level look we should have had more qpf.

all models improved during the past few cycles, this was the first time one went the other way, that's all, not saying storm cancelled, still lots of moving pieces.

6 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

all models improved during the past few cycles, this was the first time one went the other way, that's all, not saying storm cancelled, still lots of moving pieces.

Shouldn't this type of system be an easy call for the GFS inside of 72 hours?  If it fails this one, perhaps they need to look again at the changes made in the "improved" version.

12 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

do u? seems not, go back to reading.

Everyone knows blue = snow and green = rain. What was he thinking?

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Early thoughts moderate powdery snow 6 to 12 outside 95 128, Stout heavy snow inside with a foot plus to the coast. OuterCape blizzard 

I agree, I think right now, caveat obviously could change (not for you), the consensus of best available guidance is what you describe.

• Like 1