• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Typhoon Tip

Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

10 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

My condolences to both Jeff and Jerry.  

Than you Dave!  Now let’s get a snowstorm!

34 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I was just at a wake today actually, And had a crown on the rocks to celebrate Aunt Jeans life, She was 78.

And another shot for Aunt Jean 

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Jeff, I have always maintained that that failed foresters are the catalysts for improvement....not the nailed ones.

No two systems are alike, Your going to win some and lose some, But like you said, You look at what went wrong, And try to improve from the mistakes to minimize mistakes in future forecast, I think many learned something from yesterdays event.

Wow what an epic solution that NAM would extrapolate to… That would be a deep probably in the mid or high 970s I imagine this where that's going. The storm is already rapidly deepening below 1000 mbar and that trough is coming in way more amplified is it's about to go negative it's going to end up vertically stacked again somewhere near Nantucket

not a forecast I'm just saying what this model's doing

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Hi winds 970 don't want, biggie snows will do. Lots of peeps with issues tonight.

I was just thinking the same thing, stoked for more snow but would have no objections to just snow this time. They're saying no power here until Wednesday night.

Let's assume for a second the NAM would be correct: When this troughs bottom and nearly perfect DPVA/difffluence moves over top that low that's all ready rapidly developing off the coast that things going to go absolutely bonkers… It does not matter what any model has said before this point in time either ... just talking about what the model shows

To Jeff and Jerry:

May the heavens welcome and granted a seat by the Almighty. 
My prayers and condolences, they both be in good company from tonight to eternity.

Some are gun shy from yesterday but this is a different system, Big snow maker, May be some mix at the immediate coast but that's paste inland.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

To Jeff and Jerry:

May the heavens welcome and granted a seat by the Almighty. 
My prayers and condolences, they both be in good company from tonight to eternity.

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My condolences, Jeff and Jerry.

Thanks everyone.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I was just thinking the same thing, stoked for more snow but would have no objections to just snow this time. They're saying no power here until Wednesday night.

Damn

14 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Tossing those thermals violently.  That's a pretty great look.  Let me preface that.  Below 850mb that is.

Um ...

The last storm was insidious… It was insidious because the warm low levels verified because they were going to anyway and that just totally covered up and hid the fact that the GFS has a warm bias at those levels.