• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday the 18th ... storm idea/early thoughts...

Typhoon Tip

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Doesn't look much different to me around here.

Upped amounts like 2" across the area.

Little more than noise imo.

Much more than noise.

It’s clearly a much more potent system. Signficant snows broadened. Yesterday’s 12z had me at 0.4” LE this run close to 0.7”. The warning level area basically doubled in size from yesterday’s 12z.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jbenedet said:

Much more than noise.

It’s clearly a much more potent system. Signficant snows broadened. Yesterday’s 12z had me at 0.4” LE this run close to 0.7”. The warning level area basically doubled in size from yesterday’s 12z.

I can't see the 12z run bc my internet is too sketchy.....just saw that one QPF chart.

Can someone please post the crucial H7 chart?

Euro is NAM like with intensity/coverage of intense 700mb VV and it's 6-HR QPF down this way is like 0.5''. While the potential is there for someone to pop out like 8-10'' I think that will be tough given the speed of this storm. Much of the accumulation (like 99%) happens within the 6-hour window. If someone can average 1.5'' per hour for 6-hours someone will pull out 9''

10 minutes ago, weathafella said:

The 925 0C line never makes more than 5 miles inland from the south coast on the euro and that is briefly.  That green in Worcester country is horse hit.

This is not a surface temp storm. mid levels are cold, wet bulb and it pounds even down to the coast, more wet there at 32F. Easton is worrying over nada.

Archived