Newest Member
    joxey
February is upon us - pattern change is in order

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CoastalWx said:

Pattern sucks. Even with help from the nao region the SE ridge just flexes. We aren’t getting much winter until that relaxes.

Yeah... the NAO is voodoo to me... but even if it somehow does happen... if the other metrics suck it isn’t going to matter.

This winter is doing a Usain Bolt 100 meter dash into the suck category.

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Pattern sucks. Even with help from the nao region the SE ridge just flexes. We aren’t getting much winter until that relaxes.

7 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah... the NAO is voodoo to me... but even if it somehow does happen... if the other metrics suck it isn’t going to matter.

ASOUT.

19 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It's not voodoo, my point was the SE ridge is flexing too much at the moment.

8 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

I think hm was hinting at the ssw taking time to kill the se ridge but that it will happen. 

The other thing I haven’t seen much posts about is how far north the vortex is. Canada is very cold, but the vortex is so far north that the cold is having a tough time penetrating deep into the US. The pattern for the time being certainly favors more of the Plains into the Great Lakes. ORD should  make up for the snow deficit.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

The other thing I haven’t seen much posts about is how far north the vortex is. Canada is very cold, but the vortex is so far north that the cold is having a tough time penetrating deep into the US. The pattern for the time being certainly favors more of the Plains into the Great Lakes. ORD should  make up for the snow deficit.

Oh yeah it's hostile for awhile.  I'm just curious as to what happens after. Its been considerably more hostile here relative to climo than sne. The war need to weaken or else this will go down as one of the worst winters here. 

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Tanning the nap today, beautiful. This is why I love all of New England.  Deep winter is 2 hrs away. Powder day at many resorts. Pretty sure the path is developing for some serious winter to return to all end of Feb, don't be surprised if we are in full weenie mode somewhere around the 25th. 

Happy birthday !!

what are you basing this idea on?

Archived