• Member Statistics

    15,604
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    gotsnow
    Newest Member
    gotsnow
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
jburns

2018 Banter Thread

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, frazdaddy said:

My wife just sent me pictures of all the rescues on the beach at EI today. The lifeguards finally just shut the beaches down.

Its nuts out there with the south flow the south facing beaches are deadly.......another guy drowned yesterday....10 others went to the hospital.  

http://www.witn.com/content/news/Drowning-confirmed-in-Emerald-Isle-multiple-people-rescued-489162191.html

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, downeastnc said:

Its nuts out there with the south flow the south facing beaches are deadly.......another guy drowned yesterday....10 others went to the hospital.  

http://www.witn.com/content/news/Drowning-confirmed-in-Emerald-Isle-multiple-people-rescued-489162191.html

 

LifeGuards have "shutdown" Our beaches down south here also,,,  DownEast..

We've had numerous WaterSpouts also spin up down this way too!

(I'm sure ya'll have had your share up that way to!)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, downeastnc said:

Its nuts out there with the south flow the south facing beaches are deadly.......another guy drowned yesterday....10 others went to the hospital.  

http://www.witn.com/content/news/Drowning-confirmed-in-Emerald-Isle-multiple-people-rescued-489162191.html

 

My wife was there when they formed the human chain. She watched 17 rescues on the beach in front of our place. The man that died was trying to rescue a little girl. Bad day.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, frazdaddy said:

My wife was there when they formed the human chain. She watched 17 rescues on the beach in front of our place. The man that died was trying to rescue a little girl. Bad day.

Were there just really bad rip currents?  I'm guessing that is the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SHILOH, N.C. (AP) — Heavy rainfall in North Carolina has diversified the farm of one family, who found fish flopping in between their rows of soybeans.The Observer reports a video posted on Facebook by Pasquotank County officials shows foot-long fish swimming through the rows of soybeans. The video was filmed by Carolyn Jennings on Tuesday afternoon, and has been viewed around 76,000 times. 

  The state has seen record-breaking rain in July, particularly around coastal areas that measured nearly a foot of rain since July 20. More than 16 inches of rain have been recorded this month at Cape Hatteras by the National Weather Service, breaking a 1949 record. Flooding from runoff has enabled fish to leave their native creeks and lakes. One family caught several off their back porch in Manteo. **Tailing Red Drum Folks! **

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know things are bad when you see...

This would put the 
Tennesse/ North Carolina border in the RRQ

But you read

This would put the 
Tennesse/ North Carolina border in the BBQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So much hype here for Hurricane Hector. This happens everytime. It’s clear it won’t hit us unless we get some dramatic northward shift, but all the news channels are hyping up a hurricane hit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, metalicwx366 said:

So much hype here for Hurricane Hector. This happens everytime. It’s clear it won’t hit us unless we get some dramatic northward shift, but all the news channels are hyping up a hurricane hit. 

You on the Big Island? What the hell are those channels thinking since Hector is now almost a Cat 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, metalicwx366 said:

So much hype here for Hurricane Hector. This happens everytime. It’s clear it won’t hit us unless we get some dramatic northward shift, but all the news channels are hyping up a hurricane hit. 

You should thumb a ride on one of the hunters and send us some picts. That would be an epic chase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus, when does this stupid wet, rainy, humid, miserable pattern break?! It's rained 90%+ of the days here since mid-July! I hate it! 5" of rain and counting the first 12 days of August.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Jesus, when does this stupid wet, rainy, humid, miserable pattern break?! It's rained 90%+ of the days here since mid-July! I hate it! 5" of rain and counting the first 12 days of August.

Hell don't complain, that moisture is gonna be gold in the winter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Jesus, when does this stupid wet, rainy, humid, miserable pattern break?! It's rained 90%+ of the days here since mid-July! I hate it! 5" of rain and counting the first 12 days of August.

Yep I'm sick of it too. But has kept the temps in lower 90's at worst..a lot better than 100. One of the wettest summer's ever in NW SC! Hope that bodes well for winter and weather bell experts nail their forecast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rant of the day:

Took our 3 grand children to the movies this afternoon. $45 to get in. 4 regular drinks and 2 regular popcorns = $45. $90 for the day. No wonder why people do go to the movies much anymore. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, yotaman said:

Rant of the day:

Took our 3 grand children to the movies this afternoon. $45 to get in. 4 regular drinks and 2 regular popcorns = $45. $90 for the day. No wonder why people do go to the movies much anymore. 

That's crazy!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2018 at 6:17 AM, frazdaddy said:

My wife was there when they formed the human chain. She watched 17 rescues on the beach in front of our place. The man that died was trying to rescue a little girl. Bad day.

Me and my dad went offshore fishing on Aug 2nd out of morehead city. It was a horrible day weather wise. They were calling for 2 to 4 but we ended up 4 to 6 with occasional 8 footers. Beat the hell out of us because it wasn't like we had swells we had slop. Big mounds of water with no real organized swell. In total 73 people got onboard and at one point on my side of the boat there were only 6 people fishing. I didn't get seasick but my dad did for his first time ever and he had been out numerous times before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check this site out. Look at the average yearly snow for Raleigh and Durham. 

https://www.currentresults.com/Weather/North-Carolina/annual-snowfall.php

 

Then Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_North_Carolina

 

The National Weather Service in their official annual report list Raleigh with an average of 6.1" (as of this past January 1st). That's closer to Wikipedia, but still different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shaggy said:

Me and my dad went offshore fishing on Aug 2nd out of morehead city. It was a horrible day weather wise. They were calling for 2 to 4 but we ended up 4 to 6 with occasional 8 footers. Beat the hell out of us because it wasn't like we had swells we had slop. Big mounds of water with no real organized swell. In total 73 people got onboard and at one point on my side of the boat there were only 6 people fishing. I didn't get seasick but my dad did for his first time ever and he had been out numerous times before.

We used to do those head-boat (Capt.Stacy and Carolina Princess) charters as a group from work. Sickest I've ever been while fishing. Never an issue when we were out on the 38' Bertram.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, frazdaddy said:

We used to do those head-boat (Capt.Stacy and Carolina Princess) charters as a group from work. Sickest I've ever been while fishing. Never an issue when we were out on the 38' Bertram.

I had a similar experience many years ago off NJ. Large head-boat with about 40 fishermen.  Sometimes when we crested a wave we would see several other boats. The next time nothing but empty ocean. We had all paid for a full day. Some wanted to go back in. The captain said, no refunds, the vote must be unanimous and that it had never happened in his 27 years as captain. We were at the dock at lunchtime. The guys that weren't pasty white were the exact color of the Grinch. That night when I went to bed, I had to keep one foot on the floor to stop the bed from pitching up and down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jburns said:

I had a similar experience many years ago off NJ. Large head-boat with about 40 fishermen.  Sometimes when we crested a wave we would see several other boats. The next time nothing but empty ocean. We had all paid for a full day. Some wanted to go back in. The captain said, no refunds, the vote must be unanimous and that it had never happened in his 27 years as captain. We were at the dock at lunchtime. The guys that weren't pasty white were the exact color of the Grinch. That night when I went to bed, I had to keep one foot on the floor to stop the bed from pitching up and down.

It's a bad day for sure. Have not ventured out in the gulf stream in a while. Probably about time to go. You guys doing ok?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, frazdaddy said:

It's a bad day for sure. Have not ventured out in the gulf stream in a while. Probably about time to go. You guys doing ok?

 

So-so. Had a rough week last week. Boarded our dogs at the vet for a week a the beach and they lost my wife's little Chihuahua. Then they didn't notify us for 24 hours.  Using Facebook my daughters knew in 1 hour where he had been the night before. He was last seen going down the ramp to I85. A few minutes later my eldest daughter, who had stayed home, got a call telling her the 5lb dog was on the center island of I85.  She raced over there and sure enough there he was. When she stopped the car and got out and called him he freaked out and ran onto the highway and was killed right in front of her. They fired the kid that lost him but the vet made the decision not to notify us until the next day. IMO that is what killed him. We would have gotten him easily the day before from all the sightings reported on Facebook. He was killed about 2 miles from the Vet and quarter mile from our house.

orig.png

 
 
 

We at Archdale Animal Clinic are all devastated by the loss of Gizmo while he was boarding. We know the loss of this beloved pet is a tragedy to the family and we extend to them our deepest condolences. We take the care and safety of the pets we treat at Archdale Animal Clinic to heart. We know we failed in this case when Gizmo escaped and was killed. The person responsible is no longer employed here. Our hearts break with theirs - The Burns family has been a part of our family for many years. We thank all the people who provided tips and helped search for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so sorry for your loss. What a horrible way to lose a pet. And shame on the vet for waiting to notify you like that. I hope they lost any and all future business with you. Again, so sorry for your loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jburns said:

So-so. Had a rough week last week. Boarded our dogs at the vet for a week a the beach and they lost my wife's little Chihuahua. Then they didn't notify us for 24 hours.  Using Facebook my daughters knew in 1 hour where he had been the night before. He was last seen going down the ramp to I85. A few minutes later my eldest daughter, who had stayed home, got a call telling her the 5lb dog was on the center island of I85.  She raced over there and sure enough there he was. When she stopped the car and got out and called him he freaked out and ran onto the highway and was killed right in front of her. They fired the kid that lost him but the vet made the decision not to notify us until the next day. IMO that is what killed him. We would have gotten him easily the day before from all the sightings reported on Facebook. He was killed about 2 miles from the Vet and quarter mile from our house.

orig.png

 
 
 

We at Archdale Animal Clinic are all devastated by the loss of Gizmo while he was boarding. We know the loss of this beloved pet is a tragedy to the family and we extend to them our deepest condolences. We take the care and safety of the pets we treat at Archdale Animal Clinic to heart. We know we failed in this case when Gizmo escaped and was killed. The person responsible is no longer employed here. Our hearts break with theirs - The Burns family has been a part of our family for many years. We thank all the people who provided tips and helped search for him.

I can't even imagine.... ck your pm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.