Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Holidays 2017-18 Mid-Long Range Disco

WxUSAF

46 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

The highest highs and lowest lows. The thing that makes it so dumb is we're grown adults addicted to snowstorms. It's not something I talk about with many people outside of my family. They get it and love it. Other folks....nasomuch...lol

Gefs run is rock solid. As good as any I've seen (other than 0z last night) and way better than 6z. Lol. This panel is just about to put us in the comma head ccb snows. 

gfs-ens_apcpn24_us_25.png

Boy you weren’t kidding! That is a sick GEFS run! Dang. Funny as well. My father and I are always into it. Wife could care less and half the public looks at me like I’m speaking Mandarin. At this point idc I will take having my backyard look like the Rockerfeller Ice Skating rink. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Busy today but took a quick glance at gefs. Go figure after the worst op run they might be the snowiest gefs run yet this winter.  

Precip maps looked real nice.  Next panel beyond what Chill shared, showed deform from the coastal....

Turbulence light has turned off.  We will now commence serving cocktails....

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Lock it up. Not the biggest solution but perfect transfer/progression for overrunning followed by ccb. Great run. 

It's close to something even bigger.  Can't quite get all the energy to consolidate and phase in, but it's not far off.  Still a general 4-8"/5-10" of cold powder.  Sign me up.  

Just now, WxUSAF said:

It's close to something even bigger.  Can't quite get all the energy to consolidate and phase in, but it's not far off.  Still a general 4-8"/5-10" of cold powder.  Sign me up.  

It was a junior version of 12z yesterday. Lots of upside with the progression. Zero temp worries. Backside would be high ratio. .5-.8 qpf for all. Would pile up nicely. 

Euro is a nice run but so were a number of GEFS members.  I think one of the GFS problems is how strong and round it makes the upper system over Canada and that suppress the wave.  My gut feeling is that the GFS is wrong.  Of course I could be totally wrong.  Anyway, I'd certaintly lean to the GEFS mean and the Euro.  The StormVista snow algorithm is pretty conservative compared to many others and it gives DC around 6 inches and puts me in 6-8.  If the surface pattern were to evolve exactly as forecast with the big and cold surface ridge to our north and then were to develop the low long the coast like it is forecaster, I'd expect really strong frontogenesis to produce a nice banding feature somewhere. 

5 minutes ago, ers-wxman1 said:

Phasing begins near h168. Looks a bit east, but at day 6 not bad. Like the trend.

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Like a [fill in favorite line]

Very close to a phased nuke too. Great run. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

Just missed something bigger. Upper levels lagged behind and got to the party late. Slightly more in sync and it would have been a big solution. 

Glad to see we're all on the same page. 

Good run. Win in my book. Leaves the door open to something bigger too. 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived