Newest Member
    joxey
December 2017 Mid-Long Range Disco 2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Gfs near identical to the euro @ h5 d8. Lol. Another monster solution incoming for someone....the big ones are sniffed out early....

Was about to comment on the same.  The big ones are caught on early and locked in from there (Jan 2016 a great recent example).  Models are honing in on the potential that timeframe.  

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Its insane to think several of us could potentially exceed our seasonal snowfall before the ball even drops on NYE based on some guidance today. Rest of season would be gravy.

It'll also be disappointing now if we get rain/nada. Could be baiting us, but it looks the best it could be 10 days out

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Its insane to think several of us could potentially exceed our seasonal snowfall before the ball even drops on NYE based on some guidance today. Rest of season would be gravy.

whoa tiger....

it looks great, but thats quite a reach pal...

lets just be happy to see it verify and take a nice dent out of climo...

You know i want you to be right, but thats a long poke with hazards everywhere....and were swinging with the stupid stick (driver-golf).

It'll also be disappointing now if we get rain/nada. Could be baiting us, but it looks the best it could be 10 days out
Oh absolutely. Pure fantasy at this point. I have a feeling people will overlook Monday in anticipation of late week potential. Monday still is far from being off the table. Steady as she goes.....rough seas ahead matey.

whoa tiger....
it looks great, but thats quite a reach pal...
lets just be happy to see it verify and take a nice dent out of climo...
You know i want you to be right, but thats a long poke with hazards everywhere....and were swinging with the stupid stick (driver-golf).

I knew when I pressed send I shouldnt have lol. It was only a thought.

6 minutes ago, yoda said:

What' the BSR signal DT mentions in the tweet Cobalt posted above?

Bering Sea Rule....Seems to work pretty well with predicting overall patterns down the line 2-3 weeks.  

Here is a paper about the rule...basically you can take what pattern occurs in the Bering Sea and project that pattern in the US weeks down the line.

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/ost/climate/STIP/39CDPW/39cdpw-JRenken.pdf

Not saying there is anything similar to this but I remember an event in feb? 2014 where we had a pure west track storm that was all snow. It was cold as hell but the models had the waa precip pushing midlevel warmth in fast. We expected a flip to sleet or zr but it never happened the cold won. Ji and wnwxluvr loved that storm. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Not saying there is anything similar to this but I remember an event in feb? 2014 where we had a pure west track storm that was all snow. It was cold as hell but the models had the waa precip pushing midlevel warmth in fast. We expected a flip to sleet or zr but it never happened the cold won. Ji and wnwxluvr loved that storm. 

Actually, one of the most impressive storms...never have I seen a legit snow storm start to finish on a S/SE wind.  

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic

Archived