Newest Member
    joxey
December Model Discussion

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I know they are doing the best that they can while still trying to get in some holiday time. I truly hope trolls don’t stop you from continuing to contribute to the board as it’s appreciated. 

Most of the time I just ignore and move on but this guy is just over the top with it hah.

And thank you I will be around no matter what.

Merry Xmas to you and yours!

12 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Not one post on the Euro?  Wow.  

The first piece of energy escapes ots but then the TPV comes through and gives us a period of snow.  Another solution with some pretty big potential.  It's going to take some time before the models get a handle on this.  

ecmwf_z500_vort_noram_28.png

ecmwf_slp_precip_ma_27.png

ecmwf_slp_precip_ma_28.png

We still get several inches from this

Stronger west coast ridge and tons of energy around.

Remember guys nothing has been sampled yet. We have the favorable west trend as well. The fact that there is a major storm signal is all we need right now. I’d be willing to bet my life savings we get at least a moderate event out of this pattern. I’d say chances of that are near 100%. As far as something very large as in a 96 style KU somewhere around 50/50

2 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

Strong Atlantic blocking would've been nice or if that doesn't work then a SE ridge could bring this further west. 

It's happening with today's system, maybe it'll help that one.

A strong NAO block would have def suppressed this.  A larger PNA spike would help slow down the initial s/w.

The WAR has been undermodeled for years and I expect the same here. 

Remember guys nothing has been sampled yet. We have the favorable west trend as well. The fact that there is a major storm signal is all we need right now. I’d be willing to bet my life savings we get at least a moderate event out of this pattern. I’d say chances of that are near 100%. As far as something very large as in a 96 style KU somewhere around 50/50

How much would that be? 🤣

1 hour ago, SnoSki14 said:

Strong Atlantic blocking would've been nice or if that doesn't work then a SE ridge could bring this further west. 

It's happening with today's system, maybe it'll help that one.

If there was a strong west-based -NAO (Greenland Block) there would definitely be no hope at all for it. Suppression would be a near certainty 

Archived