Newest Member
    joxey
Early Winter Banter, Observations & General Discussion 2017

powderfreak

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, dendrite said:

Was just looking through Maue's EPS stuff and noticed he has meteograms from a lot of those old ICAO codes including S. Weymouth. :lol:

http://wx.graphics/models/city/eps_charts.php
KNZW_2017120412_forecast_EPS_360.png

Also...I was playing around on WU and if you get into the history for a certain ASOS/AWOS station and manually change the URL date and station to KNZW you can get all of the old hourly South Weymouth obs.

Here's Feb 78.

https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KNZW/1978/2/6/DailyHistory.html

Gold! Man I have been wishing to get those obs. Thanks.

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

Evidence for the snowblower angle:  My dad bought our first blower after the winter of 1960-61, during which we'd shoveled storms of 12", 18", 20", and 24" from our NNJ driveway.  That next winter had nothing over 6" and little snow on the whole, and 62-63 wasn't much better.

16 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Evidence for the snowblower angle:  My dad bought our first blower after the winter of 1960-61, during which we'd shoveled storms of 12", 18", 20", and 24" from our NNJ driveway.  That next winter had nothing over 6" and little snow on the whole, and 62-63 wasn't much better.

here is more: I bought my first snowmobile in November 2001. We all know what happened in the winter of '01-02.

6 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Dingo on the left is the new addition.  Was not really shopping for another but he was in a Texas kill shelter with about 30 minutes left to go.  He arrived Sunday. Probably a hurricane refugee and is an absolute love! #1 let him know who was boss and it's all good. 

IMG_2467.thumb.JPG.317d7bd896eaa1325007776eb0f161a4.JPG

Thank you bro, so awesome, you are a hero and he will know it furever

32 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Thanks Steve, it was a big deal for us but it's already worth it!   His affection almost is like he knows how close to the end he was. 

Oh they know. We just celebrated our 45 th foster going to a furever home. He came to us abandoned abused and near death, he left happy and free 2nd pic. I was his buddy and as always it was tough to see him go but he went to a fantastic guy and they are already inseparable 

20171203_173421.png

received_10204024702773977.jpeg

3 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Dingo on the left is the new addition.  Was not really shopping for another but he was in a Texas kill shelter with about 30 minutes left to go.  He arrived Sunday. Probably a hurricane refugee and is an absolute love! #1 let him know who was boss and it's all good. 

IMG_2467.thumb.JPG.317d7bd896eaa1325007776eb0f161a4.JPG

The one on the right looks a lot like our Texas rescue that arrived early last Feb, just ahead of the 5-storm-45-inch snowblitz (and she learned to love snow.)  Must be a lot of those yellow Lab plus whatever pups from there.

23 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I’m not a huge dog guy, but you guys are great. Major props to you Steve for all of that work you do. 

Thanks man it changed my life. Can't explain it with 9 Brady bunch kids and 17 grandkids there was still something missing, a purpose I guess. I have always been an animal guy, raised every kind of farm animal ,rode horses etc, but getting involved in rescue although extremely hard at times has given me internal peace. Hard to explain

15 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Thanks man it changed my life. Can't explain it with 9 Brady bunch kids and 17 grandkids there was still something missing, a purpose I guess. I have always been an animal guy, raised every kind of farm animal ,rode horses etc, but getting involved in rescue although extremely hard at times has given me internal peace. Hard to explain

Respect, dude. 

Archived