Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August 7, 2017 Flash Flood & Severe Potential Just To Our South

bluewave

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

I believe the main threat today is well South and West of the region but we'll have to see if the short term guidance bumps further North over the next few hours. Current radar trends would certainly support a Mid-Atlantic jackpot.

I'd agree.   You can see on the HRRR that the low is well south down by ACY...assuming that verifies this would be a run of the mill shower event for most on this forum.   Time will tell.

hrrr_ref_frzn_neus_15.png

You can see the SLP on KLWX rotating NW of Richmond, VA.

The latest HRRR has the batch of heaviest rain which is currently moving through Northern VA moving on more of a Northeasterly trajectory as the afternoon progresses so I wouldn't completely rule out a period of heavy rain for areas on the Southern edge of the region.

57 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

boring trend wins again. remember when the euro showed a low in ne pa?

Today's 12z Rgem and 6z Hi-res Gem Lam both continue to be pretty bullish. Along with the 0z Euro.
I wouldn't completely write this off yet, based on the NAM.

1 minute ago, ag3 said:

Today's 12z Rgem and 6z Hi-res Gem Lan both continue to be pretty bullish. Along with the 0z Euro.
I wouldn't completely write this off yet, based on the NAM.

The RGEM is relying on more convection developing over Eastern PA and moving through. I wouldn't call that a lock given how stable we are even aloft.

The 12z GFS also is fairly dry. You can clearly see that the heaviest convection is closer to the developing surface low in VA and as that SLP matures it should consolidate the rain shield some.

mucp_sf.gif?1502120587207

2 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

the developing low will pull in the rain closer to the center.  Expect the northern edge of the shield to erode later today.    Euro has been too far north all summer....

That heavier area of rain SW of Lancaster could give us a good soaking if it holds together. 

14 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

KOKX agrees and has dropped the flash flood watch. 

The writing was on the wall. Just realized there was a thread for this. It's all about the low placement too far south. With the cool stable air in place just some light strataform rain seems likely. .25" average for most

Just now, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

The writing was on the wall. Just realized there was a thread for this. It's all about the low placement to far south. With the cool stable air in place just some light strataform rain seems likely. .25" average for most

upton must have bought into the 0z Euro...they were calling for a total of 2.50 inches even up this way as late as this morning.  Not a chance.  

Archived