Newest Member
    joxey
End of July Super Soaker

Ellinwood

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ldub23 said:

they are evacuating all tourists from the  outer banks as we speak. Power cable was cut going into the  outer banks. could be weeks to fix though they are sending  in generators.

That's way south of Kitty Hawk,  where I'm staying.....whewwww!

14 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

You gotta wonder how, in this day of tech and sonar and scanning and pre-plans,. how these things still happen.  I wonder if the tidal action over the years moved the cable enough so that the maps weren't accurate anymore, but either way someone's fired.  

1 hour ago, mitchnick said:

Stayed at Duck 3 years ago which is on the northern end of OBX. Been to the Wright Brothers museum yet? Enjoyed it myself.

And don't forget your Duck Donuts. It's not an official trip until you have some of them. :)

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

You gotta wonder how, in this day of tech and sonar and scanning and pre-plans,. how these things still happen.  I wonder if the tidal action over the years moved the cable enough so that the maps weren't accurate anymore, but either way someone's fired.  

Sandy did a number on the channels through there. When we were down a few years ago the Ferry had a very limited run because of that.

Just now, Kmlwx said:

Cool how that line is aligning almost perfectly with the Potomac. Radar lighting up pretty nicely at this time. Cool to see the different reflectivity returns moving different directions on radar. 

Check out the 925 analysis on the SPC meso page...you can see the easterly low level flow.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived