joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Season 2017

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From a climo standpoint, the euro suite makes the most sense. It helps that it is the most skilled model anyway, but it makes the most sense too...these things really want to drift east as they gain latitude and usually need a more defined trough to bring them back. If it can go a little faster, then chances of a Cape/Islands hit are still in the cards. 

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Some members have it, but that loop was sort of...well fake LOL. Very low chance of happening.

I don't know where this front came from to steer it to the east, for the past few days people in the main tropical thread for Jose were saying there was no front nearby and that there was a ridge going to be built all the way up to Hudson Bay to keep any fronts far away from us.  On the other hand, kicking Jose out to sea gives more room for the next big storm to steer up the coast and not out to sea.

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

From a climo standpoint, the euro suite makes the most sense. It helps that it is the most skilled model anyway, but it makes the most sense too...these things really want to drift east as they gain latitude and usually need a more defined trough to bring them back. If it can go a little faster, then chances of a Cape/Islands hit are still in the cards. 

This is the best post in the last couple of pages re Jose...

Not that anyone asked, it may very well be that the biggest news maker is 96L  ... Some guidance really ramp that cyclone up, sending it through a veritable RI curve as it is churning through the northern Leewards (unthinkable as it may seem).  Finally paying for blithe ..having built any civility at all among those sore thumb islands? The last 200 years of cultural heritage in that region of the world (to me) only equates to 200 years of annihilation dodging (relatively speaking). I mean ..sure, they've taken bullets... but, one of these years, they may take a nuke of a season.  And ...then rebuild

...which is not to say that Jose won't mean more for the N. M/A up through coastal NE...

One thing on that:  I mentioned this yesterday and still feel it is factor-able.  Should Jose realize a track on the more western periphery of the NHC 'cone of uncertain,' which would bring it bodily to ..perhaps Worcester?  ... I don't believe we would be dealing with a hurricane. 

The reason for that is, despite the 'Franken-model' (the NAVGEM) scary depiction... Jose is progged unilaterally in all guidance to meander N astride the 70th longitude.  One part of Will's climate idea I'd like the also bring to bear is that tropical cyclones that impact SNE typically are hauling ass.  They need to be...Our TCs are really about translation velocity (storm motion) exceeding spin-down/attenuation of momentum rates... Once these TCs move over cold water, that is really almost equally as effective in killing them as if they moved over land.   I would almost argue that the western outlieyr models that bring Jose to a destiny with SNE land may be too strong/conserved anyway... given that laze faire approach speed of only 20kts or so.. 

2 minutes ago, Vice-Regent said:

What a troll storm. It will probably end up recurving Maria away from the conus. However I have my doubts it ever gets north of OBX.

How do you come to that conclusion?  Just a hunch or based on some meterological conclusion?  Just curious?    I see a NW moving cane and a strong trough coming in from the midwest.  Red flags to me for a northeast impact of some sort?

Just now, wxeyeNH said:

How do you come to that conclusion?  Just a hunch or based on some meterological conclusion?  Just curious?    I see a NW moving cane and a strong trough coming in from the midwest.  Red flags to me for a northeast impact of some sort?

A combination of intuition and the data that is coming. Jose may slow to such a degree it mirrors the euro solution from a couple days ago.

Archived