Welcome to American Weather
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Typhoon Tip

Model Mayhem VII

1,125 posts in this topic

Yeah, it was April 4th. Temperatures were in the 20s most day with moderate snow and the traffic was a nightmare most of the afternoon and evening in CT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There was another Napril snowfall last year then. It came at night and thumped a quick 3-4". That's the one I was thinking of 

The one you're thinking of is april 3rd...but it was more an early morning event rather than night. I don't think that one had much ice though. The April 4th event was def more an overrunning type which produced sleet/ZR in southern areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must of not had much last April because I dont recall it nor did I input it into our NE weenie snow table..... This is where Ginxy chimes in to tell me that drugs are bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The cold april storm last year was def during the day...April 4th. That was the one where there was powder falling and sticking to roads midday at the Boston seaport. I remember posting this pic:

 

 

Apr4_snow.jpg

 

That was tied for my biggest snow last year at 4.2" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

 

That was tied for my biggest snow last year at 4.2" 

Didn't you do well on Feb 5 and March 21 last year? I could have sworn you had more on Feb 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah we had those stupid April storms and the cold, which damaged huge swaths of prematurely budding oaks all up and down the I-84 corridor from Tolland to Sturbridge. For the whole summer the woods looked like early May partial leaf-out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

 

That was tied for my biggest snow last year at 4.2" 

Thus why 12" looks like 36" to us and 12" is meh for ema. It's the girl next door with the tiny virgin hands compared to the girl across the street whos had multiple 12" every wknd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Weenie Radar said:

Yeah we had those stupid April storms and the cold, which damaged huge swaths of prematurely budding oaks all up and down the I-84 corridor from Tolland to Sturbridge. For the whole summer the woods looked like early May partial leaf-out.

That was gyspy moths

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Thus why 12" looks like 36" to us and 12" is meh for ema. It's the girl next door with the tiny virgin hands compared to the girl across the street whos had multiple 12" every wknd.

:lol:   I would never view 12" as meh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Weenie Radar said:

Yeah we had those stupid April storms and the cold, which damaged huge swaths of prematurely budding oaks all up and down the I-84 corridor from Tolland to Sturbridge. For the whole summer the woods looked like early May partial leaf-out.

Gypsy moths. Wait until this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

:lol:   I would never view 12" as meh.

well, I will stop there. 

fwiw, Im not a fan of a setup where we have to rely on a perfectly placed high to offset the cutting low. I would enjoy it if can break right but anything outside of 48hrs here is asking way too much of guidance to get right, esp for sne.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Weenie Radar said:

Yeah we had those stupid April storms and the cold, which damaged huge swaths of prematurely budding oaks all up and down the I-84 corridor from Tolland to Sturbridge. For the whole summer the woods looked like early May partial leaf-out.

Oh was that the reason? I saw that and thought maybe tent caterpillars. 

Edit, I see I was answered above. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Harv still throwing 55 for Saturday 

Huge bust potential that day in my estimation...  There's big high pressure ...well, big enough, that with out climo, having that building into NW NE during from this range, in the models, makes me question if that boundary doesn't end up S of earlier than presently anticipated. 

Sometimes, ...the warm wins though - just have to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Gypsy moths. Wait until this year.

I'm hopeful they are even worse and eat all the Oaks.. no cleanup in fall.. if it's a cold , wet spring that won't happen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Weenie Radar said:

Yeah we had those stupid April storms and the cold, which damaged huge swaths of prematurely budding oaks all up and down the I-84 corridor from Tolland to Sturbridge. For the whole summer the woods looked like early May partial leaf-out.

We had three snowfalls last April in the Poconos...4", 4", and 1". It was 13F one night and 14F the next, incredible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Huge bust potential that day in my estimation...  There's big high pressure ...well, big enough, that with out climo, having that building into NW NE during from this range, in the models, makes me question if that boundary doesn't end up S of earlier than presently anticipated. 

Sometimes, ...the warm wins though - just have to see.

They have def taken them down though. Yesterday (I think) Burbank had a 69F on his 7 day for Sat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I'm hopeful they are even worse and eat all the Oaks.. no cleanup in fall.. if it's a cold , wet spring that won't happen 

Less shade for my pool...I'm in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I must of not had much last April because I dont recall it nor did I input it into our NE weenie snow table..... This is where Ginxy chimes in to tell me that drugs are bad.

He is to busy skiing at SR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Didn't you do well on Feb 5 and March 21 last year? I could have sworn you had more on Feb 5.

Gee, thanks for rubbing those two in!  Lol, they were so close but yet so far. 

The February 5 tied the April 4th storm. The 4-6" on the NWS map is tenuous as MPM will attest.  Feb 5th-18th gave us about 10-12" total for our big week of the winter.

March 21st was a dud here, that was a ORH Co. storm. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Gee, thanks for rubbing those two in!  Lol, they were so close but yet so far. 

The February 5 tied the April 4th storm. The 4-6" on the NWS map is tenuous as MPM will attest.  Feb 5th-18th gave us about 10-12" total for our big week of the winter.

March 21st was a dud here, that was a ORH Co. storm. 

 

 

 

Well I'm an idiot and thought you were Dave...lol. Im sorry. So yea, that makes more sense to me. It was truly horrific there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Seasons in seasons 

Unfortunately we are now in everyone's least favorite season. Backdoors, mist, chill, mud. 

Wish we could 2012 it from here on out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0