Newest Member
    joxey
March 13/14th Storm Thread (Storm Mode)

psuhoffman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, yoda said:

I guess we are going to hope that this is one of those EURO runs where it "loses" the storm and comes back better for us on the next run?  Or that the EPS dont agree with the OP?

It doesn't lose the storm. It loses temps. Still wet as heck. Main difference from 12z that I can see if the ns low is further north and hangs on longer. It's into OH. 

6 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

It's certainly possible.  I'll wait for 12z Euro to confirm.  Looks like more northern stream interaction

Shoot...so now we gotta sweat for another 12 hours! I wonder...Say it were to play out like this...We go from a foot or more to maybe half of that? If it had to go that way, I'd take it as a consolation prize...

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Still good cold hp to the north but the ns low does the damage this run. Something I didn't expect after seeing the gefs back away from that problem.  

Bob, how does it look toward the 81 corrdidor/ blue ridge empire? Anything better than the horrid GFS run? 

6 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

Meh run....so warm...I hope the thermals are wrong..

I think the problem is it really gets going later then the 12z run so it's warmer initially and never recovers. It's also not as wet as the really crazy bands shifted northeast as it develops slower. Don't get me wrong 1.25 qpf isn't light but those 2" totals were near DC last run and that quicker development and tighter system at our pass plus banding helped keep it colder. This run was less all that. Even with a further west track it was less precip even up here because of a slower organization. It really got cranking to our northeast. This run isn't bad by itself but not thrilled if it's a trend. The euro isn't immune to minor fluctuations though. 

Matt, something doesn't compute. At 0z tues, surface is mid to upper 30's with dews in the low to mid 20s. Precip moves in and temps barely drop as dews rise. Surface winds are out of the NE. What am I missing here? Surface should cool quickly after dark with that setup. It's not like southerly winds are scouring. 

Archived