joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - March 2017

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

The main driver for that occur is the northern stream vort digging into the US. If that energy can dig far enough south to begin phasing with the southern stream energy around Tennessee/NC latitude, that would allow for an earlier capture and tuck into the coast. Some models are pretty close to doing that, and even when they don't, your area still can see snow. The best shot at major accumulations greater than 12" are more likely up across NE PA up into New England at this rate due to the bombing low and increased interaction with the northern stream north of our latitude. Still doesn't mean we can get whacked like that, just probably a slightly better shot to the NE. 

I'm still leery for now of the all out coastal solution on Tuesday however I'd say it is a good bet that the northern branch system diving in will establish an area of lighter snows over PA regardless as it interacts and transfers. The pattern alignment looks nice, with a good amplification as well. That southern shortwave just barely gets out of ahead of the northern branch shortwave by the looks of it (in the case of the 12z Euro).. so it looks more like a partial and/or late phase. The result is the focus of the potentially more significant precip with the coastal storm being in the eastern third of PA. This new 18z GFS just in looks like it phased the shortwaves... with the coastal low actually being yanked NNW from off the Carolina coasts to the Delmarva coastline and a more direct central/eastern PA strike. That'd be a pretty good solution haha. Gonna be an active several days... some shades of March 99 and 2007 if we can pull off both these events. 

45 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

Reached 67 here today, sitting right on 60 now. I only need a 25 degree drop to enter the discussion for snow overnight and tomorrow morning...

I actually feel safe enough to chuckle at that.....

for now.

GREAT GFS RUN.  Wowzers!!!

Nut

36 minutes ago, canderson said:

That Tuesday storm western edge cutoff is gonna scare the hell out of me here. I have this nagging sense PHL might get hammered and MDT shutout. 

Here is hoping it bombs in time to nail us all 

verbatim 6" line on goofus is basically from Just east of KPT to western Tioga.

As modeled...I'll take my chances (and 15" and deal w/ it.

As Mag suggested, looks like partial capture and cleaner transfer.  If trends hold, I wouldnt be surprised if some nice numbers show up in the next few runs.

Nut

Archived