• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA - March 2017

5 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Def best run I've seen from the Euro with regards to tomorrow night/Friday's system so far. Nice swath of precip across the state. Accum maps showing 2"+ for the entire state with a 4-6" swath across the I-80 corridor (and a small area of it in the southern Laurels). 2001kx had a weenie 6-7" area right near Clearfield. 3-4" for most of our LSV subforum folks and the Pit gang. 

Well at least the Friday storm has been consistant on the gfs and euro. Good luck gang. Sounds like most of y'all have a nice little event tomorrow. I've not seen the euro but I've been out on most models so unless I'm missing something and the euro wins, I just don't feel it down here.  Hope I too am wrong.

I may take down my digital snow meter soon. I think it's broke and it's just been f'in w my noggin.  I need a new hobby.  

Nuts

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

Def best run I've seen from the Euro with regards to tomorrow night/Friday's system so far. Nice swath of precip across the state. Accum maps showing 2"+ for the entire state with a 4-6" swath across the I-80 corridor (and a small area of it in the southern Laurels). 2001kx had a weenie 6-7" area right near Clearfield. 3-4" for most of our LSV subforum folks and the Pit gang. 

:thumbsup:

Sorry Pasnownut..

1 minute ago, pawatch said:

Thanks Mag!

still windy here this morning. Gettingn some snow is better in March than not at all.

Interested to see what that Miller B brings. 

A dryslot... ;):P:wacko:

Just kidding, but from past experiences, I've seen my share of them from Miller B's. Hopefully this one is different.

48 minutes ago, Voyager said:

What did the Euro show for points farther north and east along I-81?

Steve, the map I saw was in the mid atlantic forum and only included the southern tier counties of PA (it was zoomed in on MD/VA) but extrapolating it looked like it would have been 6+ for your area next week. 

2 hours ago, 2001kx said:

:thumbsup:

Sorry Pasnownut..

Snow Weenie rule #2

Don't EVER apologize for gettin snow. Enjoy every flake pal. Thats why most of us are here. Ill b ok. 

Hey. 6z's ticked south as expected. Just think I'm 25-50 ish miles too far south. One more tick would do it fr me. 

Nut

The 0z Euro & 6z GFS both brought the snow further south to the MD line!

The Euro has 3-4 inches for the LSV & The GFS now has 3-5 inches for the LSV. 

The Tuesday storm also improved overnight on the Euro & GFS, bringing the 2 storm combined totals by next Wednesday to around 1 foot foot the LSV!

It was great to wake up to a WWA for 1-3 for the Harrisburg area. If these model trends continue today, my guess is they bring it south into The far southern tier counties.

6 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Snow Weenie rule #2

Don't EVER apologize for gettin snow. Enjoy every flake pal. Thats why most of us are here. Ill b ok. 

Hey. 6z's ticked south as expected. Just think I'm 25-50 ish miles too far south. One more tick would do it fr me. 

Nut

Well Nut towards the end when it's go time they have been ticking north. Fingers crossed for you.

11 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Snow Weenie rule #2

Nut

Will enjoy whatever we get...Thats part of the excitement ((the surprises - good or bad )) <-- usually bad though.

20 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

Oh my. It would be cool to have snow on snow in March...especially this winter. 

Utimate tease.....NAMX gets you and I (and northern MD) back in play.........well for 6 hours anyway.  

Next tick will likely be north, but this was a pleasant surprise, as I thought 12zs would start that correction.  Happy to be wrong.  Regardless gonna be close..

Nut

I'm not too hyped over accumulations down here in the LSV tomorrow - we very very often fail in these setups as the warm air hangs around - but there will probably be some nasty squals in the early afternoon that will cause serious travel issues. Heads up to anyone out and about tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

I'm not too hyped over accumulations down here in the LSV tomorrow - we very very often fail in these setups as the warm air hangs around - but there will probably be some nasty squals in the early afternoon that will cause serious travel issues. Heads up to anyone out and about tomorrow.

Yeah, I see a lot of discussion reading around this morning about that potential. Lots of fun to watch when you're tucked away at home, but very concerning if you or loved ones are out and about.

Son's 1st high school baseball non-league game is set for next Thursday. That might be in jeopardy...

6 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

Yeah, I see a lot of discussion reading around this morning about that potential. Lots of fun to watch when you're tucked away at home, but very concerning if you or loved ones are out and about.

Son's 1st high school baseball non-league game is set for next Thursday. That might be  is in serious jeopardy...

Fixed.  

Sorry, but I SO do not miss spring softball....

Nut

2 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

12z GFS even further south....tad stronger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh....ok....I'm a big boy...

I was WRONG!!  

So F'in happy to admit it...but only if the GFS verifies.  Where the hell did that come from??  still think it ticks back to Voyagerville but it gives me a little room to play.  I cant imagine snow...on snow...on snow Fri/Tues.  Just hope we can score in this setup.  Best/last crack at something.

Nut

Uh....ok....I'm a big boy...

I was WRONG!!  

So F'in happy to admit it...but only if the GFS verifies.  Where the hell did that come from??  still think it ticks back to Voyagerville but it gives me a little room to play.  I cant imagine snow...on snow...on snow Fri/Tues.  Just hope we can score in this setup.  Best/last crack at something.

Nut

I am hoping your right about snow on snow.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

I'm with you. Temps already at 60 with a wave coming to give us snow in less than 24 hours? Hmmm, where did we see this before? Oh yeah, last month (Feb 8th/9th). 

Cold air push on models with a wave developing along the front is, in my experience, almost always overdone for SC PA. We burned half our QPF in last months storm on rain after hitting 60F. Granted, this cold air is far deeper and colder than last time, but still, very weary. 

The PM squalls look good. Lapse rates from surface to 700mb approaching 10C/km. Love me some 20k foot snow anvils! But you're right, they can be deadly for drivers. We've been hitting that home the last few events!

I like Tuesday's chances. Wouldn't take that much QPF in our area to put out plowable snows. Temps in the teens and 20s will mean quite the fluff factor 

7 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

I am hoping your right about snow on snow.

Sunday's storm can really mess up Tuesdays fun, and w/ the oscillations of the past week, yeah skeptical is the word.  It is a more stable pattern..so we do have that in our favor, but its still a challenge w/ multiple pieces of energy and tight spacing.  Still a nice pattern to sit back and watch/dream.

Nut

Archived