• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - March 2017

and as I sign off for the night, I'm not just giddy cause I'm sittin in a nice spot, I'm happy for many of us in here.

I think if we can stop the ENE progression, the NW side of things should look a little better by 12z tomorrow.  

Starting to like we have something coming gang.  Lots of concensus.

Night all.

Nut

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, skiier04 said:

CMC been constantly super dry in the NW quadrant... hoping that's just an anomaly, but NAM is also showing a very sharp cutoff. GFS shows a much longer event.... could have been even better if it wasn't for that crazy bootleg out to sea.

Looking mobile but the bootleg looks to come from less upper level interaction with the gfs (similar to euro earlier) than nam/etc which is why nam parallel goes crazy total wise across pa and gfs is less. The gfs snow maps are misleading across pa and to me have high bust potential where it is showing the high totals around DC. If euro comes in between nam and gfs not in snow map numbers but storm evolution scenario I would feel much better about things than after this morning.  

1 minute ago, djr5001 said:

Looking mobile but the bootleg looks to come from less upper level interaction with the gfs (similar to euro earlier) than nam/etc which is why nam parallel goes crazy total wise across pa and gfs is less. The gfs snow maps are misleading across pa and to me have high bust potential where it is showing the high totals around DC. If euro comes in between nam and gfs not in snow map numbers but storm evolution scenario I would feel much better about things than after this morning.  

I'm actually confused by your post. Have you seen everything?

29 minutes ago, NortheastPAWx said:

Friendly reminder that a tornado touched down in Pittston 2 weeks ago...

kind of ironic. going from extreme warmth to potentially blasted with snow is nuts. and the weirdest part is, that hilly terrain between Mountain Top to Suscon Road and Montage, which is ~1000 ft above the valley floor, is where snowfall amounts are also usually enhanced. But this storm is one of the classic scenarios of where do you place the band, and will you be the hero or the zero.

but when it comes to messaging in eastern PA, the only totally consistent weather staffs are in Harrisburg/Lancaster,  and the nBC/ABC affiliates in Philly. WNEP (WIlkes barre-Scranton) has 1 or two new mets as well as one fairly new met at WBRE, last I knew there's a fairly new met in Allentown, the new one for the CBS affiliate in philly used to work out here at WCCO (Casey is her name, but I think shes' originally from Reading as I recall), and there's a completely new met department at Fox TV in Wilkes Barre/Scranton. its' going to be interesting how all the new mets will do presentation-wise with this system sunday evening, imho.

Archived