• Member Statistics

    16,271
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Gelavis
    Newest Member
    Gelavis
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
dryslot

Coop Crushing Snow 02/15/17

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, WeatherNurse said:

I know, I can't believe the single part either.  Part of the problem is most of the men around here are functional alcoholics with questionable employment.  

Damn, ha. I am neither. The INVT part of this is intriguing in that it seems often what initially is progged to be an INVT eventually transitions to a consolidated CCB, not this time though.  I am really interested in the Euro today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ginx snewx said:

The INVT part of this is intriguing in that it seems often what initially is progged to be an INVT eventually transitions to a consolidated CCB, not this time though.

Can you unpack this a little more for someone who only took 5 meteorology courses in college 16 years ago?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WeatherNurse said:

Can you unpack this a little more for someone who only took 5 meteorology courses in college 16 years ago?  

I think what he said was that a thing that causes snow but disappoints nearly all of the time may eventually transition to something that disappoints only some of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WeatherNurse said:

Can you unpack this a little more for someone who only took 5 meteorology courses in college 16 years ago?  

Models at long lead like to show inverted troughs extended from offshore low pressures systems, as time evolves often the INVT's become consolidated low pressure systems with normal circulation, IE the cold conveyor belt CCB is defined. Rather than a specific limited area getting heavy precip it becomes widespread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Damn, ha. I am neither. The INVT part of this is intriguing in that it seems often what initially is progged to be an INVT eventually transitions to a consolidated CCB, not this time though.  I am really interested in the Euro today. 

It's a healthy H5 wave moving over, so inverted trof makes sense. 

I'm intrigued by how much moisture it ingests from the southern stream wave. The internationals are definitely more robust with that than the Americans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

It's a healthy H5 wave moving over, so inverted trof makes sense. 

I'm intrigued by how much moisture it ingests from the southern stream wave. The internationals are definitely more robust with that than the Americans.

I hope they are more robust with the cold air as well, I need the highest ratio snow possible or my arms are going to fall off from roof raking.  Thanks for the updates OceanSt :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wx2fish said:

Euro is still definitely sw of gfs. Looks like the 1" qpf line hits Newburyport and eastern Rockingham county

 

Where does the line run NW?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CoastalWx said:

We euro.

Pretty interesting for E MA peeps....but I wouldn't get attached yet. We'll see where it stands tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

LOL Here we go...I half-expected this run.

Now we'll watch pickles post about the RPM shifting northeast every 5 minutes tomorrow.

RPM can't really be any more northeast than it already is...it might be even more NE than GFS. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man the boundary layer is so close Wednesday. I mean we may still pull warning snows from 00z Thu onward, but if it could snow Wed too we could really stack up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

A liittle east of you. Maybe wolfboro up to N Conway

Thanks. I'm on mobile...just trying to get an idea of the orientation of the axis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roughly 1500 feet of warm air near the surface (close to the coats). That can be overcome if it's not too, too warm at 2 m, especially if we rip.

Either way, those that do flip to RA will flash back to heavy, heavy around 00z.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Roughly 1500 feet of warm air near the surface (close to the coats). That can be overcome if it's not too, too warm at 2 m, especially if we rip.

Either way, those that do flip to RA will flash back to heavy, heavy around 00z.

 

Where would you place that line?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

So we looking at a ME foothills jack on this? 12-18"+?

Most likely. Some elevation will go a long way to keeping it all snow Wed. It stays plenty cold enough aloft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.