Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coop Crushing Snow 02/15/17

dryslot

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I think the model is going a little wild on the decoupling, and trying to show radiational cooling.

My understanding (amateur) is that there is a lot of uncertainty in this storm with regard to track and QPF due to the limited data on the piece of energy shifting out of Canada.  What is the time frame where we can begin to start to feel confident that the whites and western maine are definitely going to get a good whack instead of shafted??

Just now, WeatherNurse said:

My understanding (amateur) is that there is a lot of uncertainty in this storm with regard to track and QPF due to the limited data on the piece of energy shifting out of Canada.  What is the time frame where we can begin to start to feel confident that the whites and western maine are definitely going to get a good whack instead of shafted??

Certainly not as dense a network as CONUS, but there are Canadian raobs in the vicinity of that wave. So I feel confident that we have an idea how strong this energy is.

Now the cut off between western Maine and the Whites is more in doubt. Because it could be sharp on the SW side. So I feel better about ME than I do about NH.

6 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

We are about a tick or two away from a CCB impact from the coastal.

several large ticks on most guidance. probably 1-2 ticks on the 3km NAM but that's an outlier at the moment. There isn't much time left at all for us to cash in unless you start under the assumption the 3km NAM is correct, and continues to adjust SWward. good luck

Archived