Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coop Crushing Snow 02/15/17

dryslot

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last storm had my location about 10-15 miles as the crow flies west of a killer band that hammered all morning in Wester Maine.  I'll take whatever I can get out of this next one, but really hoping for another foot+ to increase the height of the walls of my snow tunnel from my car to my front door.  

Might bring snowpack to a new max for here - current is 49" in 2009 (was briefly up to 51" as accum ended on 2/23/09, settled to 49 by obs time.)  Also hit 48" in 2001 and 2008.  I thought we would reach 50+ in '08, had 43" on 2/29 with 10-14 progged for next day - verified at 6" for the 48" peak.  45" at the stake this morning, probably 43-44 as the snow arrives tomorrow.

Just now, tamarack said:

Might bring snowpack to a new max for here - current is 49" in 2009 (was briefly up to 51" as accum ended on 2/23/09, settled to 49 by obs time.)  Also hit 48" in 2001 and 2008.  I thought we would reach 50+ in '08, had 43" on 2/29 with 10-14 progged for next day - verified at 6" for the 48" peak.  45" at the stake this morning, probably 43-44 as the snow arrives tomorrow.

buried, post a pic

44 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Reggie tickles all the way to N CT with 1-2"

http://27C3DBFE-C40C-4E3F-A3C8-FEAD04D42021_zps

I like this map very much.  Puts me squarely in the 12-18" range.  BRING IT ON.  I love powder days and as a beautiful, talented, single woman on a Hallmark Holiday, I will gladly take this as a sign that mother nature loves me.  

Just now, WeatherNurse said:

I like this map very much.  Puts me squarely in the 12-18" range.  BRING IT ON.  I love powder days and as a beautiful, talented, single woman on a Hallmark Holiday, I will gladly take this as a sign that mother nature loves me.  

Good spot for this, views of Mt Washington this morning from Wildcat Web cam were nothing but spectacular. 

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Good spot for this, views of Mt Washington this morning from Wildcat Web cam were nothing but spectacular. 

3 minutes ago, WeatherNurse said:

Storyland buried. 

Actually, I do have a little secondary max of snowfall near the Carroll/Coos border. So not too far away.

Just now, OceanStWx said:

I do. I think I'm mostly resigned to wrestling temps, as I'm pretty comfortable with my QPF max at this time. GFS gets a nod, but it mostly drowned out by the growing consensus jackpotting near IZG.

That's my concern early on, Looks like we may be on the fence as far as all wet snow

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

It was absolutely incredible!  I couldn't get out today because I have been putting off my "adulting" for about a week and there is no food in the house and my pile of stuff that needs to go to the dump is just festering in my kitchen.  Decided to get out ahead of the incoming dump so I can be ready to go with lunches made for the next powder day tomorrow.  As I drove by the scenic vista in intervals this am, I thought "Wow, I really do live where everyone likes to vacation."  It's pretty special here in the last 7 days.  About 4' of new snow.  It's going to be an amazing backcountry season once things start to thaw.  Lines for days up above treeline!!

12 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

The 3K NAM is definitely the most interesting of all the guidance. Maybeit's onto something, but I doubt it. 

Even if every other piece of guidance follows suit, is there anyone that feels they won't rip the football away and toss it ne over the final 12 hours or so??

17 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

3km Nam has 6 inches for NE MA and even 3 inches in BOS and vicinity, lol, on the back end.

Extremely low probability, but that is kind of what I was talking about earlier in the thread when I was looking at the RGEM maps....there's a window there for NE MA where an intense band could set up.

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I do. I think I'm mostly resigned to wrestling temps, as I'm pretty comfortable with my QPF max at this time. GFS gets a nod, but it mostly drowned out by the growing consensus jackpotting near IZG.

It is warm to start at the surface looking at the 2m GFS temps.  Look at the crash centered just E of IZG between 21 and 00z.  They plummet like 25F in 3hr. 

3 minutes ago, WeatherNurse said:

It was absolutely incredible!  I couldn't get out today because I have been putting off my "adulting" for about a week and there is no food in the house and my pile of stuff that needs to go to the dump is just festering in my kitchen.  Decided to get out ahead of the incoming dump so I can be ready to go with lunches made for the next powder day tomorrow.  As I drove by the scenic vista in intervals this am, I thought "Wow, I really do live where everyone likes to vacation."  It's pretty special here in the last 7 days.  About 4' of new snow.  It's going to be an amazing backcountry season once things start to thaw.  Lines for days up above treeline!!

LOL, epic year n the Greens Whites  Western Maine mountains

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Even if every other piece of guidance follows suit, is there anyone that feels they won't rip the football away and toss it ne over the final 12 hours or so??

Most likely, but it would be nice to have the feeling of being in possession of the football. Even with the expectation of the models returning said fumble for a soul crushing TD. 

Archived