Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Mayhem V

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

I'm bumping this when it snows again. Blocking is showing up on the gefs.

Winter isn't even close to be done yet.

blocking is like bigfoot. Everyone says they have seen it but nobody can prove it. 

you will get a rogue snowfall but multiple chances in a prolonged winter pattern is done from nyc south. 

28 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

blocking is like bigfoot. Everyone says they have seen it but nobody can prove it. 

you will get a rogue snowfall but multiple chances in a prolonged winter pattern is done from nyc south. 

I think he was meaning just that..that it will snow again in his area.  And if it does snow and accumulate a few inches or more, then he was correct in saying what he did.  

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

?? Why wouldn't I? It's the same pattern with the -EPO as we had earlier in winter. Just have to hope we can time an event or two out. Latitude will win again.

But my point was that you told him he was DONE!   Done means zero snow.  So if he gets a storm, then he's not done.  And I think that was his point..which was he thinks he still has a shot at some type of winter system.   I think he realizes that SNE on north has a better shot than him, but he still feels like he can score gong into March.  

We all know that the blocking will show up in April when it's not needed..but that seems to be the trend the last 4-6 years or so. 

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

But my point was that you told him he was DONE!   Done means zero snow.  So if he gets a storm, then he's not done.  And I think that was his point..which was he thinks he still has a shot at some type of winter system.   I think he realizes that SNE on north has a better shot than him, but he still feels like he can score gong into March.  

We all know that the blocking will show up in April when it's not needed..but that seems to be the trend the last 4-6 years or so. 

Maybe a few gloppy inches? I certainly wouldn't like to be at that latitude in these patterns. Maybe another run for NNE.

33 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ok fair enough.  I just felt like he got attacked for saying what the ensemble showed.   This winter has been so back and forth..who knows what's ahead...anything past 5-6 days has been tough to see this year it seems.  Many conflicting signals it seems. 

Nobody knows what will transpire. Guesses gut feelings and suppositions.  Meh, could go right in 2012 or 2013. All we know is warmth wins out for the near future.

I always chuckle when people start posting that winter is done or it won't snow again for ever or that it will be 80s every day for the rest of our lives.  Who knows exactly what will transpire - no one and there has been plenty of examples of years where powerful storms come rolling in well after we've thought that we're done.

26 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

DC south, it never showed up. I think I'm still under 1" for the season. Makes 2011-2012 seem epic. 

(I know, I know, you're glad you don't live here)

I disagree.  I delivered 180 gallons of syrup to Charlotte in January and had to drive from there up through the DC area and had to deal with hundreds of miles of snow covered roads through areas that had more snow than I had had up until that point.  I would NOT say that it never showed up.  That was a big storm for them.

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Ok fair enough.  I just felt like he got attacked for saying what the ensemble showed.   This winter has been so back and forth..who knows what's ahead...anything past 5-6 days has been tough to see this year it seems.  Many conflicting signals it seems. 

Well he's the king weenie, so as little ball bustin' is in order for Snow88. Regardless, this looks similar to the recent -EPO looks. My guess is another run for NNE...and hopefully a couple of storms for our hood before it tries to warm up later in the month.

3 minutes ago, eyewall said:

GFS loses the 2/28 storm for the most part with it scooting out as a strung out weak system and cold high pressure nosing into New England. Don't pin your hopes do day 8 other than a general signal being there. 

Looks we need a compromise medium strength system with a decent high to the north for the 2/28 system to work.  The overall higher heights out west and lower heights in the east trend is nice to see, but definitely keeping expectations low.  

Archived