Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 7th Mixed Bag North of the Pike

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah. Boston is right on the line. I definitely could see a burst of snow for the city. 

Some of the guidance is bringing 3-4" really close to BOS. There's a somewhat realistic chance of a forecast bust pretty close to the city that may catch a few off guard. I wonder if Ray's area will rip for a few hours...it could also end up staying north near the NH border but man, that's pretty good burst for a time on a marginal snow profile. 

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Some of the guidance is bringing 3-4" really close to BOS. There's a somewhat realistic chance of a forecast bust pretty close to the city that may catch a few off guard. I wonder if Ray's area will rip for a few hours...it could also end up staying north near the NH border but man, that's pretty good burst for a time on a marginal snow profile. 

There is an area of temps near 1C at 850 on the aircraft soundings, but usually those only tell temps. Don't know how much wetbulb potential there is. But it is very close to 0C at that level. Speaking of Boston.

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I'd probably rather use real data than Indian proverbs for forecasting.  It's a close call in the city.

Kind of sounded like Kevin's -8C isotherm rule...a forecast technique from WWII. Lol. 

Theres like a 3-4C dew point depression aloft in the warmest level so things could wet bulb down. While I'd lean against a big burst of snow in BOS, the sky can go from that look to a snow look pretty quickly. 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Kind of sounded like Kevin's -8C isotherm rule...a forecast technique from WWII. Lol. 

Theres like a 3-4C dew point depression aloft in the warmest level so things could wet bulb down. While I'd lean against a big burst of snow in BOS, the sky can go from that look to a snow look pretty quickly. 

Yeah, it's just low level stratus off the water. I see that all the time preceding snow events. 

Archived