• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NW_of_GYX
    Newest Member
    NW_of_GYX

Jan 6-8 Winter Storm Observations

22 minutes ago, SnowDawg said:

Precip has stopped here. Temp bottomed out at 33. Feel pretty good now, still a little wet bulb room to go and CAA to come. Just hoping the warm nose doesn't try to poke back in now that the precip stopped....

How would one figure out the wet bulb room for their location? :D

FFC Northwest - 32 and steady (UGH) feels like 25.  Rain chances increasing.  Losing a little hope each hour thanks to the darn 850.  We shall see.

Still snowing lightly but the rate is very gradually increasing. Small flakes with occasional larger ones mixed in. 36º.  It has dropped 3 degrees since the snow began. Nothing on the ground as of yet. The rate will need to increase to get ground coverage.

3 minutes ago, phobos said:

How would one figure out the wet bulb room for their location? :D

I'm not sure for other locations but I'm sure someone else might have an answer. But I have a weather station about a half mile from my house that gives temp/dew point/wet bulb etc. updating every 15 minutes. 

11 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

I bet some sleet is mixing in, I walked inside after I got home and just had light rain/sprinkles.  Then you could hear sleet pinging about 10 minutes later and then I had the heavy sleet (80/20 sleet to rain probably) mix not long after that. 

Nope. Just came back in from outside. Just a nice, balmy, soaking rain. Fun stuff.

7 minutes ago, jburns said:

Still snowing lightly but the rate is very gradually increasing. Small flakes with occasional larger ones mixed in. 36º.  It has dropped 3 degrees since the snow began. Nothing on the ground as of yet. The rate will need to increase to get ground coverage.

Feels like a blizzard in Jersey, right?  :lmao:

I've got a light sleet/snow mix

Just now, Wow said:

huge flakes.. mod/hvy snow

Jealousy is unbecoming, but man I can't help it. Unbelievable how this happens fairly often, and you're 30 miles away.