Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem II!

SR Airglow

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, leo1000 said:

Even if this storm does happen and its epic let's say. The warmth coming in next week and beyond is balmy. With lots of rain too. Lots of people here with colds and flu's because of the radical's temperature changes. 

Colds and flu have zero to do with weather

My two cents worth is that all's not lost on that..

I'd say give it a couple more runs... 

Not hopeful, no - but there is a wave to track and that's been a huge problem.. This one is more about where it exactly tracks - that's changes the map a little.  worth it to sit out a couple more runs there 

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

only because PEOPLE are inside more

Ah, no. That is only partially true. I do flu research for a living. Long story short but cold and flu viruses actually replicate better in colder environments and, as such, are more virulent during colder months and able to infect more people. 

7 minutes ago, DFCIAF said:

Ah, no. That is only partially true. I do flu research for a living. Long story short but cold and flu viruses actually replicate better in colder environments and, as such, are more virulent during colder months and able to infect more people. 

I thought that cold weakened the immune system as well.

7 minutes ago, DFCIAF said:

every time i look at your user alias i can't help but think of Folger's dark instant crystals -

17 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

I thought that cold weakened the immune system as well.

Probably more accurate to say that it creates certain stress factors for the immune system.   Same can be said about prolonged exposure to dampness or dramatic and frequent switches between warm and cold  temperatures.

Prolonged  or traumatic emotional stress can probably also compromise the immune system.

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Probably more accurate to say that it creates certain stress factors for the immune system.   Same can be said about prolonged exposure to dampness or dramatic and frequent switches between warm and cold  temperatures.

Prolonged  or traumatic emotional stress can probably also compromise the immune system.

Ummm..like this place?

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

yup ... this is why traditionally and statistically ... men die before women

32 minutes ago, DFCIAF said:

Who knew CDC lurked. Any luck with a Lyme vaccine.  By the way my flu shot FTL this year.  Epic battle still going on 

Archived