Newest Member
    Toothache
Model Mayhem II!

SR Airglow

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cold Miser said:

Oh boy, a bit of snow to be washed away with rain shortly after?  Sign me up.

Not me....I'm done with the 1-2" front enders.

If you don't get to it fast enough, it ends up a skating rink, and it isn't worth it.

The first few times were fine, but I've had enough of that.

I'd rather an all rain event.

9 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I've always been counting on more Fri am than Sunday. This to me anyway was expected . Isn't the pattern to get a big snow 

Big snow at KTOL? Because I'm pretty sure we just did a couple nickels in consecutive hours bracketed by several hours of pennies. 

I'l say a few things about the weekend: one is that the key features at play out west are just now starting to slide onto the coast. We're kind of in the window now to 12z where if changes because of sampling are going to happen, it's now.

Another is that the inverted trof has been a consistent signal for several runs in a row. That's the model's way of telling us there is strong support for ascent aloft. Without the surface baroclinic zone it produces the trof instead. But it is not out of the question that guidance is a little GGW with the southern stream because of convection. NWP likes to focus on the big latent heat output and can sometimes forget about the strong features in the northern stream as a result. 

It doesn't look great, and we're running out of time, but I'm not ready to toss the towel in yet.

That pos epo and pos pna could break it later lol. STJ does better with -pna/-epo couplet.

Well until that happens keep padding the stats. You're a seasonal total guy so it all counts.

We should get enough of a fringe here to make it look wintery for a little while. Hopefully when I get my snowblower back from the shop, we'll get a good one in Halifax. Probably a blessing these two miss. Long driveway to shovel by hand...lol.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't think it matters at this point.

EURO is probably a bit too amplified.

I mean for me tonight it's not like it's going to push me into a likely PoP or anything. 

I know for most (all?) here a whiff is a whiff, but I'll be curious to see how close this is to a scraper.

5 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I mean for me tonight it's not like it's going to push me into a likely PoP or anything. 

I know for most (all?) here a whiff is a whiff, but I'll be curious to see how close this is to a scraper.

I know what you mean....nothing wrong with your post.

I personally couldn't care less because I'm blinded with frustration.

Back to cutters after seeing the palm trees buried.

Interesting-

Archived