Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm 1/6 - 1/8, 2017

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro keeps wanting to run the northern stream wave diving down in tandom with bringing out the Pac wave.  Ideal scenario would be to get the northern stream wave to clear, then bring the Pac wave close behind it (faster than GFS)....that solution would be colder in the wake of the northern stream wave clearing...and allow for a nice second wave system....not too much to ask for  :mapsnow:

Just basing this off the 5h maps that we have, but the 144hr Ukmet looks like a really nice hit. I would guess it's very cold at 850 with a nice wedging high pressure and a weak surface low over new orleans. It's probably depicting a nice 3-6 inch event for most people in this sub-forum.

GZ_D5_PN_144_0000.gif

1 minute ago, griteater said:

Euro keeps wanting to run the northern stream wave diving down in tandom with bringing out the Pac wave.  Ideal scenario would be to get the northern stream wave to clear, the bring the Pac wave close behind it (faster than GFS)....that solution would be colder in the wave of the northern stream wave clearing...and allow for a nice second wave system....not too much to ask for  :mapsnow:

So basically, we want something between the EURO and GFS. They have to converge somewhere (or not...one could fold to the other lol) MAYBE it's not too much to ask...maybe.

6 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Just basing this off the 5h maps that we have, but the 144hr Ukmet looks like a really nice hit. I would guess it's very could at 850 with a nice wedging high pressure and a weak surface low over new orleans. It's probably depicting a nice 3-6 inch event for most people in this sub-forum.

GZ_D5_PN_144_0000.gif

Thing I hate about the UKMet is how it is bringing the Pac wave out into Montana, whereas the Euro is diving it southeast thru the Great Basin (much preferred)...lots to resolve there

2 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Looks good. It was even faster with that second wave than the 18z.

Yep. 6z goofy just let us have our cake and eat it too. Beautiful.

Man I wish there were a mechanism in place to slow that second wave down as it turns the corner off the Carolina coast. But I won't be too greedy.

This was a good run.

Archived