Newest Member
    joxey
January 2017 Discussion & Observations

dmillz25

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, uncle W said:

...this set up reminds me of early February 1974...We had a few waves that waved goodbye and one that waved hello...Feb. 8th, 1974 was a surprise when a low which was forecast to go OTS tracked a little closer than progged and NYC picked up 6" of powder...

Also reminds me of this one notice Gordon keeps mentioning " storm is not completely organized" - and he had to increase snow amounts during the storm !

http://donswaim.com/wcbs-gordon-barnes-2-9-75.mp3

1 hour ago, PB GFI said:

I am not a hand holder Dan . When I am right I will tell you and when I bust I write I busted . 

There is an ignore button if those don`t wish to see the work and ideas they can use it .

It is why I post away and loved . :D

Meh. You can be a good poster but you are too obsessed with being right and who got it first. It is weather, you didnt create it, and many others have the same skill, if not better. 

In all honesty, nobody really cares if you were right or not about a cold snap, other than you. Until you learn this you will be selling your self short. 

To be clear, i dont expect anything other than a hostile response from you, but it is friendly advice. Tone down your grandstanding a bit and people will take you more seriously. And this is not just me speaking, it is a significant portion of posters who feel this way. Again, you are a good poster, but your grandstanding is a put off. 

28 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

Also reminds me of this one notice Gordon keeps mentioning " storm is not completely organized" - and he had to increase snow amounts during the storm !

http://donswaim.com/wcbs-gordon-barnes-2-9-75.mp3

I probably was listening to that...Gordon was great for his time...that storm had a negative ao/nao to work with. but negative pna...

3 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

Your data selection is biased. Your trying to verify a 15 day call for cold on a 5-6 day cold shot using selection bias and skewing a longer period cold by lumping several slightly above days in with a couple much below. 

The rest of your points have nothing to do with the discussion. 

Yeah, it's this type of playing around that clutters up the thread with nearly unreadable posts which serve to drive people to post in other forums.

3 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Yeah, it's this type of playing around that clutters up the thread with nearly unreadable posts which serve to drive people to post in other forums.

Wow! bluewave opened his mouth....

I don't remember when you ever commented on these types of things.

Just now, Morris said:

Wow! bluewave opened his mouth....

I don't remember when you ever commented on these types of things.

That's because I come here to talk weather and don't want to see threads degenerate into some macho pissing match that drives quality posters away.

2 minutes ago, mikem81 said:

Those all look to be from the last run at 0Z. Doubt the 12Z ones look that good

12z went more sheared and offshore again. Euro has maybe an inch or so of snow through day 10. We're running out of time IMO, I think tonight and tomorrow we need to see real improvements to have a shot here. 

8 minutes ago, bluewave said:

That's because I come here to talk weather and don't want to see threads degenerate into some macho pissing match that drives quality posters away.

So defending my forecast to another poster who on Jan 3 said my Jan 5 - 20 forecast was on life support is macho ? 

There is a long post on page 16 outlining 15 days and why .

Disagree here man  . 

1 minute ago, PB GFI said:

So defending my forecast to another poster who on Jan 3 said my Jan 5 - 20 forecast was on life support is macho ? 

There is a long post on page 16 outlining 15 days and why .

Disagree . 

Forget about January 5-20th since it hasn't happened yet. But when people called you out for your cold bias in the December thread 

you kept shifting the goal posts around to suit your own agenda. You attitude is very aggressive and it turns people off.

Anytime this is brought up you it's always the fault of the other poster. At times is similar to DT and we see how several of those

threads turned out in the past.

3 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Forget about January 5-20th since it hasn't happened yet. But when people called you out for your cold bias in the December thread 

you kept shifting the goal posts around to suit your own agenda. You attitude is very aggressive and it turns people off.

Anytime this is brought up you it's always the fault of the other poster. At times is similar to DT and we see how several of those

Agree. He is already moving goal post around for this cold shot and snow. He almost locked in January 1985 on another forum 

2 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Dec 5 thru 20 finished - 3 and KNYC had 3.2 inches of snow which was AN

That was the forecast , should I take an F on that ? 

Theres no goal post move , Dec 8 thru 21 had 9 BN days  with 2 N days .

The only people that dont like the outcome are those who called the period 5 days of transient cold .

Took a bust on the month , I never ran from that but this is a place filled cry babies. very little analysis saddled with  warm trolls .

Crowd pleaser .

4 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

The only people that dont like the outcome are those who called the period 5 days of transient cold .

Took a bust on the month , I never ran from that but this is a place filled cry babies. very little analysis saddled with  warm trolls .

Crowd pleaser .

Terrible post.  Bluewave provides some great data and historical info.  You should be ashamed.    And for the record your call was -3 for the MONTH.   Not even close dude. 

4 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Agree. He is already moving goal post around for this cold shot and snow. He almost locked in January 1985 on another forum 

I am BN 5 thru 20 you have cried everytime you see a ridge and scream pattern change .

I never called for 85 .No where ...Ever.

My call on coast to coast cold is here on page 1 

It coincides with the 5th thru 12th .

free to see.

2 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

Crowd pleaser .

This is why people leave the forum - right here.  Like others have mentioned, we've already lost some invaluable resources on here.  Don't try to push out those we have left like Bluewave.

Enough.

This a Jan. Discussion thread. This is not the PB thread. Enough is enough. I m not here for battle of the egos, we have two potential snow hits within 5 days, we shuld be here to learn from one another. Enough egos: quite frankly PB you should examine your approach if so many are clearly antagonized by it. It strikes me as odd that one would intentionally lack diplomacy!

9 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

This is why people leave the forum - right here.  Like others have mentioned, we've already lost some invaluable resources on here.  Don't try to push out those we have left like Bluewave.

Enough.

Thats not a description if Chris . It's others who dont add analysis. 

Go read these threads sometimes when it doesnt snow the place erupts.

If you think happens away youre mistaken.

Tom Don and Chris are 3  excellent posters period.

Dont aim those comments at him / I didnt 

55 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

Thats not a description if Chris . It's others who dont add analysis. 

Go read these threads sometimes when it doesnt snow the place erupts.

If you think happens away youre mistaken.

Tom Don and Chris are 3  excellent posters period.

Dont aim those comments at him / I didnt 

Paul, I share your passion for the weather. There aren't that many people that have the same level of enthusiasm for everything weather like many posters here do.

But I understand that sometimes in the heat of the excitement things can go a little over the top this time of year. I wouldn't have any problem with focusing more 

on the actual weather than any differences that various posters may have. It doesn't make sense to me to argue with each other since we all share much more

in common with each other than any differences. 

1 minute ago, bluewave said:

Paul, I share your passion for the weather. There aren't that many people that have the same level of enthusiasm for everything weather like many posters here do.

But I understand that sometimes in the heat of the excitement things can go a little over the top this time of year. I wouldn't have any problem with focusing more 

on the actual weather than any differences that various posters may have. It doesn't make sense to me to argue with each other since we all share much more

And with those inclusive words said, I hope I get the most snow this weekend and you guys get none.

:bike:

1 minute ago, bluewave said:

Paul, I share your passion for the weather. There aren't that many people that share the same level of enthusiasm for everything weather like many posters here do.

on the actual weather than any differences that various posters may have. It doesn't make sense to me to ague with each other since we all share much more

I agree , and you know over the years you and I have agreed on most periods and even when we diverge you have my respect . I am a passionate and competitive writer but for you my friend I will tamp down the tone towards most .. :D

Sometimes I will attempt to amend my pieces but it`s usually too late .  You are an easy poster to like / can`t teach that . 

58 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

And with those inclusive words said, I hope I get the most snow this weekend and you guys get none.

:bike:

Well said.:D

56 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

I agree , and you know over the years you and I have agreed on most periods and even when we diverge you have my respect . I am a passionate and competitive writer but for you my friend I will tamp down the tone towards most .. :D

Sometimes I will attempt to amend my pieces but it`s usually too late .  You are an easy poster to like / can`t teach that . 

Maybe we as a community just try to do too much in regard to stretching out how far into the future we can accurately know what the patterns are going to do.

I can remember growing up in an era where sometimes the models couldn't handle the next few days let alone a week or more in advance. I respect your

knowledge and passion for the field also. I guess we should be satisfied in getting the  the spirit of the 1-5 and 6-10 day forecasts correct.

11-15 to monthly and seasonal is always going to be experimental. 

44 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Well said.:D

Maybe we as a community just try to do too much in regard to stretching out how far into the future we can accurately know what the patterns are going to do.

I can remember growing up in an era where sometimes the models couldn't handle the next few days let alone a week or more in advance. I respect your

knowledge and passion for the field also. I guess we should be satisfied in getting the  the spirit of the 1-5 and 6-10 day forecasts correct.

11-15 to monthly and seasonal is always going to be experimental. 

I wish I could see past 15 to 20 days and even then I am just  trying to put a puzzle together.

There are some good seasonal forecasters and they are getting better season to season .

Archived