Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

Just now, shaggy said:

How often is it that we have to worry about suppression and a possible earlier phase (if that Michigan wave interacts too soon) all in the same storm.

Some of the se crew needs suppression and a later phase :P  :lol:  It does appear that someone in the south will get to see the flakes fly(thank goodness)....the million dollar question is who :)  

2 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Some of the se crew needs suppression and a later phase :P  :lol:  It does appear that someone in the south will get to see the flakes fly(thank goodness)....the million dollar question is who :)  

yeah im right there with ya being in eastern NC. Early phase and i'll likely see mixed bag or all rain. I need the models to stay south and strung out until a later phase.

1 minute ago, shaggy said:

yeah im right there with ya being in eastern NC. Early phase and i'll likely see mixed bag or all rain. I need the models to stay south and strung out until a later phase.

I'm just glad someone in the south will get to see flakes fly. Hopefully the general posting grumpyness of a crappy pattern will lessen just a touch for some  :lol: 

21 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

I'm just glad someone in the south will get to see flakes fly. Hopefully the general posting grumpyness of a crappy pattern will lessen just a touch for some  :lol: 

Wouldn't it be great for a large area of Georgia, SC and NC to all get 3-6 inches. Then it could warm up to spring time temps and I wouldn't care

10 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

All the NC peeps are in "NW trend" panic mode this morning. :lmao: This one isn't coming north, boys.

I don't have a dog in the fight at this point (I've already jumped) but I'll sit back and watch the 5 stages of grief set in for the RDU crowd. :lol::( 

No one is ever satisfied. :)

9 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Euro, UK, and Canadian are better for here than the GFS, too. Maybe we're going to see the NW trend with the GFS like it does often a couple of days before the event unfolds.

31 minutes ago, fritschy said:

starting to get into the time frame where this starts ticking NW a little at a time, from my experience.

This will start a NW movement most likely, starting to get into that time frame.

31 minutes ago, beanskip said:

Number of times in the years I've been on this board (and the old Wright Weather days) when the GFS showed a suppressed system that ended up trending north: Lots.

Number of times in the years I've been on this board when the GFS showed a system too warm/north and it trended south: Never.

People: this is where you want to be if you live in ATL/GSP/CLT/RDU.

31 minutes ago, RubiksDestroyer said:

I like where the GFS is right now. It seems to me that it didn't shift any further south this run, unlike the past 4 runs, which is good news. If the other models hold this suite and the GFS starts trending NW over the next few runs, I'd be very happy.

30 minutes ago, Poimen said:

Generally speaking, when the GFS has LP tracking across central FL at this lead, it usually turns out well for the NC crowd. We'll see, but I would expect it to eventually come north. 

:lol::lol::lol: viva la NW trend when things are looking bleak for yby!

(It's ok fellas, I feel your pain too. Just trying to make light of the sitch.)

23 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

:lol::lol::lol: viva la NW trend when things are looking bleak for yby!

(It's ok fellas, I feel your pain too. Just trying to make light of the sitch.)

Like I said, we'll see what happens. Given the UK/CM are both north of the GFS lends credence to the NW trend theory. Time will tell. 

All joking aside, here are some random thoughts FWIW:

1) Suppressed storms do tend to trend a little NW as we get to the event.

2) Everybody wants snow in their backyard, and some (not all) tend to be biased towards forecasts/solutions that deliver it.

3) It wouldn't be a bad thing for a storm to miss central/west NC and give GA/SC the goods. If I and others in my area complained/whined too much about those to our south getting snow, we'd be no better than those in the MA complaining when we get snow instead of them.

11 minutes ago, fountainguy97 said:

I second this. Technically the euro swapped places with the gfs which means the gfs sniffed out a good NC snow first.. gfs has a suppression bias in this timeframe so no surprise it's suppressed. Look for it to tick back NW throughout the next several runs.  To me GFS has had a great handle on this storm... euro not so much it tried to sell the suppressed looks for days while gfs insisted on a snowy look

4 minutes ago, fountainguy97 said:

I'm curious to see how much of a shift we get once the energy comes ashore. The few runs after that is our normal time for the usual NW trend  I like our chances though with the gfs showing it's typical suppression. This euro run will be very telling 

#AnotherOne :lol:

15 minutes ago, WeatherNC said:

I miss a good old fashioned warm punch centered around 900mb, 2-3C will check expectations quickly for those fortunate enough.

For those of you that have trouble with weather terminology, in layman's terms that would be a punch to the nads.

24 minutes ago, WeatherNC said:

Much more and you could be mixing too..

Sigh..ain't that the truth.

And a good reminder a NW trend tends to be much more beneficial to those on the 'good' side of I-85 in SC/NC/VA than those of us on this side.

I'd much rather miss this storm because it's supressed than being just outside of the transition zone and getting rain at 33. But nature doesn't care what I think. We'll just have to wait and see what she does.

How about #slightNWtrendFTW ?? Would that work? :rolleyes: