12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Model Mayhem!

SR Airglow

1 hour ago, JC-CT said:

Merry.

Do you look at any of the weather models? Try tropical tidbits

A merry one to you, as well. Yes I do - that site specifically. I was coached by a Met to not take them too seriously, so I look and post here... to hear more erudite interpretations on the look. 

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

The euro ensembles trying to rebuild the Bering Sea ridge. Hopefully it's right.

Yay! 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hey.. where do you live Googly?

I used to live in the Catskills but just moved to Brooklyn last week. I post in NE thread though because I like the personalities and Met discussions - more frequent and charismatic. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS has trouble picking up secondary development, I think. The 00Z GGEM is showing for my area a snowstorm on the 23rd then a rain storm on the 25th. However, the 12Z GGEM is showing a rainstorm on the 23rd instead and a long lasting snowstorm coming in late day Christmas lasting through the 26th into the 27th. The Euro seems to look possible snowstorms for the 23rd and 25th-26th. 

This is about the Grinchiest comment ever in an AFD:

Though a progressive flow pattern as
previously mentioned, systems with short residency, they`ll still
have the propensity of delivering a decent slug of rain if preferred
model forecast blend holds out given accompanying synoptics, deep-
layer forcing. Possible 1 to 2 inch rainfall outcomes, definitely
looking at some drought relief.

Good grief.

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

GGEM is a legit Miller B snowstorm. GFS is close the shades right up to powderfreak. 

i still think in general it's a solid period to watch - value-wise.

there's still a slight tendency even in the GFS to lower heights in the general circumvallate of the Gulf/Fl and adjacent SW Atlantic, well enough prior the governing mechanics propagating east of the west to wonder if the table might be setting differently for a change.  that subtlety is key in my mind in getting something to finally go legit under our latitude.  even if it is a shallowed-out nj model type system, whether this GFS run actually avails of that or not... if we lower heights so prior to the wave's arrival, the southern aspect of the trough will then have the mechanics for getting retoring jets and yada yada .... farther south.  

obviously one of the implicit aspects here is that we expect this to evolve...  

Archived